Moses basket liner pattern? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-13-2003, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just found a great moses basket at a garage sale for 5 bucks! It has a little mattress in the bottom, but that's it - anyone know of any patterns out there to spruce this up some??? I will probably just cover the mattress with a pretty pillowcase, but is there more I can do?

flowersforyou.gif

#2 of 3 Old 07-13-2003, 09:49 AM

I think Vogue has a moses basket pattern in their baby section.

My friend who has a Moses basket has a "sheet" (pillowcase, whatever....), a bumper, and a matching rec. blanket to go with it, made out of yellow gingham, I think. It was a shower gift from her MIL and SIL with her first baby. I think I'd definitely do a bumper or liner for it in addition to something to cover the mattress. Just in case baby decides to sleep up against the edge of the basket, ya know?

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
#3 of 3 Old 07-13-2003, 12:08 PM

You could make one fairly easily- trace the botom of the basket and add seam allowances. Make another piece that is as wide as the outside side (doubled) plus seam allowance, and as long as the baskets circumference plus seam alowance. The outside edge should be finished with some elastic to keep it snug. A bumper could be done by cutting two pieces as wide as the inside side (leave off seam allowance because you want it to fit inside) and as long as the inside circumference plus seam allowance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page