Moses basket liner pattern? - Mothering Forums

Moses basket liner pattern?

Attila the Honey's Avatar Attila the Honey (TS)
10:01 AM Liked: 66
#1 of 3
07-13-2003 | Posts: 2,614
I just found a great moses basket at a garage sale for 5 bucks! It has a little mattress in the bottom, but that's it - anyone know of any patterns out there to spruce this up some??? I will probably just cover the mattress with a pretty pillowcase, but is there more I can do?
Charmie981's Avatar Charmie981
10:49 AM Liked: 16
#2 of 3
07-13-2003 | Posts: 4,368
I think Vogue has a moses basket pattern in their baby section.

My friend who has a Moses basket has a "sheet" (pillowcase, whatever....), a bumper, and a matching rec. blanket to go with it, made out of yellow gingham, I think. It was a shower gift from her MIL and SIL with her first baby. I think I'd definitely do a bumper or liner for it in addition to something to cover the mattress. Just in case baby decides to sleep up against the edge of the basket, ya know?
khrisday's Avatar khrisday
01:08 PM Liked: 10
#3 of 3
07-13-2003 | Posts: 3,913
You could make one fairly easily- trace the botom of the basket and add seam allowances. Make another piece that is as wide as the outside side (doubled) plus seam allowance, and as long as the baskets circumference plus seam alowance. The outside edge should be finished with some elastic to keep it snug. A bumper could be done by cutting two pieces as wide as the inside side (leave off seam allowance because you want it to fit inside) and as long as the inside circumference plus seam allowance.
Reply Subscribe Arts & Crafts