Forum Jump: 

#91 of 99 Old 02-25-2008, 12:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonfairy View Post
Ummm...where are the swap boards?
I think it's 6 months and 50 posts before you can access the Trading Post, where the swap and co-op boards are located.
#92 of 99 Old 03-03-2008, 07:07 PM

I am so excited about this! I am wanting to do felt food for DD now that she is getting a bit bigger and you all make the cutest stuff!!

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

#93 of 99 Old 03-07-2008, 03:56 PM

I'm gonna start these this weekend. I'm so excited!

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#94 of 99 Old 03-16-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasquirrel View Post
I think it's 6 months and 50 posts before you can access the Trading Post, where the swap and co-op boards are located.
Tinasquirrel, I just looked at your blog, and I think your bunny is cute! Mine will probably look like that also. I am not so good at knitting toys with little needles.
#95 of 99 Old 03-16-2008, 07:16 PM

Tilia what materials are you using for your foods? They are adorable!

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#96 of 99 Old 03-21-2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia View Post
Tilia... How did you make that waffle? I've been tossing around ideas for doing a waffle, but I haven't come up with anything good. Yours is GORGEOUS!! ~TIA
#97 of 99 Old 03-22-2008, 11:25 AM

I've made a egg so far. I'm working on a piece of bacon right now. I really enjoy making felt food. All my family thinks it's cute.

Kathleen SAHM to Jade 10/14/03, Aiden 2/2/06, and Hunter 5/14/09 Wife to Rob 3/28/03
I'm new to: treehugger.gif sewmachine.gif  chicken3.gif
#98 of 99 Old 03-24-2008, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MertMomma View Post
Tilia... How did you make that waffle? I've been tossing around ideas for doing a waffle, but I haven't come up with anything good. Yours is GORGEOUS!! ~TIA
Thanks you guys! I use 100% wool sweaters that I find at Goodwill and other thrift stores. I wash the sweaters on hot to make felt. Then I shave it with a sweater shaver. You never really know how thick or stretchy the wool is going to turn out. It has been fun looking for different colors for realistic food. I use the cotton perle embroidery thread in a natural color. I like the contrasting color. I buy that at Joann's and I use the whole strand, I don't divide it.

For the waffle, I found a tan wool sweater with a really wide and chunky knit look. When I washed it, it didn't really felt all the way and you could still see the knit stitches. It was really an accident! I showed my sister the sweater and she said it looked like waffles with all the square bumps.

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
#99 of 99 Old 05-06-2008, 02:20 PM

Weir Dolls and Crafts have wool felt scrap bags on sale right now:

http://www.weirdollsandcrafts.com/sale/sale.html

I thought I'd be able to find wool sweaters at the Goodwill to felt and make into playfood, but apparently no one in my town (beach community) wears wool (duh), so I'm ordering a few squares (which also are on sale), a bag of scraps, and see where that takes me. Just thought I'd share in case anyone was needing wool felt to add to their stash!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page