Mothering Forum banner

How many layers of microfiber and flannel for a newborn soaker?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Mama2 '05'06 
#1 ·
I'm making NB all-in-ones. I made a batch for my 2 yr old, and used 2 layers of microfiber, sandwiched between 3 layers of flannel for the soaker, and 2 layers of flannel for the body, with PUL being the waterproof layer. This seems more than adequate for an average-to heavy wetting 2 year old, and I'm wondering if I should lighten up on soaker materials for a nb.

We are using microfiber towels I bought from Kayla's cloth kits, and they have a little more thickness, or fluffiness to them than the standard cleaning towels. Let me know what you think!

Thanks!
Lara

#2 ·
I'm no expert b/c I've just begun this myself. But what I would do is make a dipe the way you already did and see if it feels too bulky or not. I used 4 layers of flannel and 2 layers terry cloth in a size small diaper and it feels very, very bulky even after washing. Plus it was just a 2 full layers of flannel and the soaker pad so you'd have to have a cover, so Personally I thought it was just too much. DD adpoted it for her dolly anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.