Pocket Diaper Pattern? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-30-2003, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is there anyone who sells a pattern for a pocket dipe? I can't sew but one of my friends has a sister who does. She liked the look of the Fuzzi Bunz that I gave her and wondered if her sister might be able to make something like it. So is there a pattern already out there or will she just have to experiment on her own? Thanks so much!
#2 of 5 Old 07-30-2003, 09:00 PM

She'll have to experiement- but any wrap or fitted pattern should work fine as long as it fits well.

Start with your two layers of choice. Attach the fasteners to the front of the outer layer. On the back of both layers do a small casing for elastic. Stitch the elastic. Now put them right sides together and sew from one end of the elastic to the other, doing what ever you need to do for the leg elastic (maybe do a casing, gusset, or sew it to the seam allowance). turn and then finish the fasteners on the tabs.
#3 of 5 Old 07-30-2003, 09:56 PM

Location: Hot and Humid, Home of the Field Artilery, Ft. Sill, Oklahoma
http://www.geocities.com/gabrielbaby1/fuzzibunz.html

Try this pattern and see how it works. It's free! I have used it, slightly modified the pattern to fit my boys better. But we like it. I use aplix instead of snaps.

Tawnya
#4 of 5 Old 07-31-2003, 02:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
You can also use any good fitted pattern and just cut a slit in the back of the inner layer. If you use microfleece, you don't even have to finish the raw edges

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#5 of 5 Old 08-01-2003, 02:42 AM

OR... You can have someone help you stretch out a diaper you like and trace it to make your own pattern. DONT do this if you plan on selling the diapers! LOL

I made my own diaper pattern. I have only made fitteds with it so far, but I plan to try a pocket diaper next. I have some pink pul for the outer and a black microfleece for the inner.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page