Velcro question for those who sew diapers - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-06-2003, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've decided to try my hand at making a few dipes for my soon to be little one. I've found a pattern to start with, and have been seeing lots of places that say aplix is softer than velcro but I can't find aplix anywhere. Is this a namebrand or just a special type of velcro? The lady at the fabric store (bless her heart) looked at me like I was nuts and thought I was talking about apliques (sp) so I thought I'd come to the experts. What kind of velcroish closures do those of you who sew your own diapers use?
#2 of 4 Old 08-06-2003, 07:24 PM

Aplix is a type of velcro but it is MUCH softer, and MUCH nicer and washes and wears MUCH better than velcro. You however won't find it in a store. You have to order it online try www.onestopdiapershop.com or www.diaperfabric.com they both should carry it. If your going to make many diapers it would be better to get it in a co-op though, you can search for them on yahoo. ~
#3 of 4 Old 08-07-2003, 10:43 AM

The other advantage of buying aplix (at least from the places that I've ordered) is that you can buy the hook and loop separately, and you need much more loop than hook. So the aplix actually ends up being cheaper overall.
#4 of 4 Old 08-08-2003, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

Are there any other sites I can check out? I was unable to find any aplix on one site, and the other didn't have hook and loop sold seperately (which sounds like a very good idea)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page