Cloth Happy Birthday Banner--xposted - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-05-2008, 04:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am looking for a Happy Birthday banner made of cloth for my son's birthday next week. I saw one at http://www.plumparty.com/partysupplies/20511.html It's $28 plus $16 for express shipping. Is this pricey?? Anyone know of any other vendors?? I'd like to be able to reuse it so the more neutral the better. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-05-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaNY View Post
I am looking for a Happy Birthday banner made of cloth for my son's birthday next week. I saw one at http://www.plumparty.com/partysupplies/20511.html It's $28 plus $16 for express shipping. Is this pricey?? Anyone know of any other vendors?? I'd like to be able to reuse it so the more neutral the better. Thanks!!
Have you checked Etsy?

You could make one pretty quickly out of felt.You could just cut out felt triangles and quickly string them together(or even just tack them up).It would look festive and when you had more time you could sew letters on for the next use.Or if you want it to say happy birthday for this party you could use stick on letters from the craft store.

#3 of 4 Old 01-06-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rere View Post
Have you checked Etsy?
Yes, definitely check etsy.com - if not just for the general idea.

here are some links:

square shape banner

triangle shape banner

If you had the time, it could be pretty easy to construct with fabric, felt, heat bond, ribbon, bias tape, etc... Little to no sewing involved. Good luck!
#4 of 4 Old 01-08-2008, 06:32 PM

Hi there,

Saw that you're looking for a cloth HB banner. I got one almost exactly like that just in primary colors at Hobby Lobby. Not sure if you have one near you but it was in their party section. Let me know if you have on nearby.

Sharon

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page