Anyone make dolls??? or know where I can find.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-17-2002, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
where can I get a cute "toddler" cloth doll that's not $85++??? I'd love to get one for ds (2y.o.) but just can't afford those Waldorf style. Does anyone make and sell these???
#2 of 6 Old 03-17-2002, 04:51 PM

Magic Cabin Dolls sells a waldorf doll kit for $24.99 (or therabouts). It comes with everything you need including yarn for the wig and a pattern for clothes. (You do need to buy a doll making needle which they sell.) There's a kit for either a baby doll, or a child doll. I've dabbled in doll making for years and I like those kits. You could also try the library for doll making books. I know there's a book about how to make waldorf style dolls, but I'm not sure what it's called. I think the hardest part would be to find a source for wool for stuffing and 100% cotton, flesh colored knit fabric. Good luck.
#3 of 6 Old 03-18-2002, 04:11 PM

I have free doll making instructions on my site

just go to
www.sleepingbean.com
and click on craft tips and recipes!

If you need further instruction, just pm me!
#4 of 6 Old 03-19-2002, 01:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
www.rosiehippos.com has cloth doll bodies and you attatch the hair and put on facial fetures. It wears regular doll clothes. They run between $3 and $18 depending on the size you want. One spool of thread will do several dolls. DD loves her "babybaby" with her long red hair.

Butterick pattern #4027 has a great doll pattern, very simple, clothes and a tote. Although I think they are definitely babies and you wanted child didn't you . .

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#5 of 6 Old 03-20-2002, 12:25 PM

If you decide not to make one, you could check Ebay, or find a WAHM site that might sell them a bit cheaper than Magic Cabin, or some of those other catalogs. I see some on Ebay quite regularly, and they do sell for a lot less.

I think its really much more special when you make it yourself, though. And don't stress if it doesn't look like the ones you see in the catalogs!!! Your son will LOVE it, and it will mean so much more because you made it!

Good luck!
#6 of 6 Old 03-20-2002, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all your suggestion!! Ebay-yeah--I'll check. I don't have a sewing maching so that isn't an option......really, thanks all
!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page