Mothering Forum banner

Oh my! Hempwol!

635 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Girlymomwithsons 
#1 ·
I just got my Lanaknits order and the HempForKnitting Hempwol is amazingly soft!! I did not expect it to be quite like this. I have several purchased hemp things, and they are definitely not anywhere near this soft.

Loving this!
Anyone knit with it before??

#3 ·
I think the Hempwol is as soft, if not softer, than most of the wools I knit with. I may use some for pillow covers for the couch. I wouldn't hesitate to make a cozy sweater, though.

the hemp i have had in the past was definitely not apparel-worthy. but, this fiber is not at all like that.

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by xanandali View Post
Hmm, you have me intrigued.... any soft yarn thats cool and different makes me want it even if I have no project in mind

Lol- I do the same thing! I bought yak yarn just to check it out!

(BTW, the yak is nice, but a good merino is softer. It's a bit splitty, but has nice stitch definition.)

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by feminist~mama View Post
Lol- I do the same thing! I bought yak yarn just to check it out!

(BTW, the yak is nice, but a good merino is softer. It's a bit splitty, but has nice stitch definition.)
Really? I have some that I inherited, but I have been hesitant to use it because I have been told it's like knitting steel wool. (By a person with a wool allergy, but still.)I'm going to have to find a project for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.