Mothering Forum banner

Bum-Ware Pattern?

611 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  VeganPregnancy 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if I can get a Bum-Ware pattern for their pocket diapers?

Or something like it...

I know this is kind of lame... but the thing I like is the way the back of the Touch Tape strip is covered by matching PUL. Since I'm SO not the expert sewer I have no idea how to do that. Any ideas?

#2 ·
Cut a piece of PUL for each strip of hook-tape. The pieces should be twice the width of the tape, plus a half-inch. They should be as long as the piece of tape, plus a half inch.

Fold in half lengthwise, and sew into a tube with a 1/4" seam allowance. Do not turn it right side out.

Now fold that tube so that it lays flat and the seam runs right down the middle. Open out the seam allowance so it lays flat, and sew across one end to close, using a 1/4" seam allowance.

Trim off the corners of the end seam allowance, and turn the closed tube right-side out, poking out the corners. Now you have your PUL tabs, and can sew the hook-tape pieces to them. When you sew the tab to the diaper, you'll cover up the raw end of the PUL tab with the loop-tape laundry tab.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.