Mothering Forum banner

have you ever steeked?

549 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  dillonandmarasmom 
#1 ·
well, have you?! I am seriously considering it, but wonder if anyone has tips...I want to make my DH a vest (cardigan style) for next fall, but I knit 3 times faster than I purl. The thought of all that purling has me dreading it already! I know seams add structure, though, and I want to be happy with the end product.

give me your thoughts!

See less See more
#4 ·
here's an example of the process

basically, you knit in the round then CUT
: your knitting, then you can move on to attach sleeves or add a button band or whatever you are doing to finish your project. I've been reading some Elizabeth Zimmerman books and she was "into" it

#5 ·
oh, I was kind of making a joke (ok, maybe a bad one) because it looks at first glance to read "have you ever streaked?"--very lame, I admit

#7 ·
No, but I would like to try it! I too have been reading a bit too much EZ lately and what she says about the mindless fun of knitting in the round without stopping really resonates with me

I'll probably knit a simple baby cardigan for my first time out. I don't think I could live with myself if I messed up a billion hours of knitting an adult sized garment
:

#9 ·
I almost did, LOL! I chickened out...

The sweater still sits in my FO's waiting for me to work up my nerve. I swear, if I would just cut it and add a button band, I'd actually wear it

BTW, make sure you are using a fiber that is mostly wool so your stitches will "stick" to eachother and not unravel the moment you cut!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.