Longies Knitting Club - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 275 Old 02-17-2004, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sheena... as you can see from my posts, I am a total beginner! I am having so much fun with this project ... even though I am now about to rip...
I thought I had figured out the yarn over, but I guess I did it wrong. I am working on dpns as I don't have access to a 3.5 mm 40 cm circular needle - I think it makes it harder. After finishing my k2tog/yo row, I had 96 stitches. I thought I could just knit a few together on the next row .. so I would have 92 stitches again. Well it didn't work. It became impossible to knit the knits and purl the purls... So now I have to rip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#272 of 275 Old 02-17-2004, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Sheena... as you can see from my posts, I am a total beginner! I am having so much fun with this project ... even though I am now about to rip...
Was that English??? I think I'm in trouble, lol!

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#273 of 275 Old 02-18-2004, 02:24 PM

I ripped everything and restarted... After doing the first six rows, I had my 92 stitches. Well I have re-knit row 7, k2tog, yo... I now only have 85 stitches. Have I dropped stitches or can I go on? I have just rechecked the knitting and it looks good - everything looks right - the holes are all evenly spaced and the knits and purls add up.

I want to knit! But I am scared - please advise.

Thanks so much in advance
#274 of 275 Old 02-18-2004, 02:55 PM

if you've only got 85 stitches then you've done something wrong. I'm not sure what, but you should have the same nuber of stitches at the end of that row as you had when you started. The *k2tog, yo* doesn't change stitch count at all, becuase for each stitch eliminated in the k2tog, you add it back with the yarn over. but you don't need to rip everything out, just that last round, and then pick the stitches back up adn re-do that round. you should be doing a yarn over for every knit 2 together that you do
#275 of 275 Old 02-18-2004, 05:02 PM

I am sorted out again - my knitting friend came over and helped me. I guess because I am using dpns instead of a circular (as I didn't have the right sized circular!), that when I changed needles I needed to do a double wrap. I ripped the row (jsut the row - thank you Theresa!) and redid it - now I have 92 stitches.

Thanks again - backc to the knitting!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page