I think I am getting in over my head! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-21-2008, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: i just have to have EVERYTHING in front of my eyes. i am wanting to sew a larger "tote bag" type purse with quilted material (that i would have to make myself) AND inside AND outside zipper pocket, cell phone pocket and several other pockets. i just can't find a tutorial so i started drawing up my own...THEN researching on how to do it but boy am I lost! no i haven't sewn a lot mostly pillows, or straight edge items. i just LOVE my sewing/embroidery machine (oh did i mention i wanted to embroider the front of the bag as well??) that i gotta get some use out of it! help me not drown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2008, 09:28 PM

lol you can do it - just take it a step at a time
Old 05-22-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinderliter View Post
: i just have to have EVERYTHING in front of my eyes. i am wanting to sew a larger "tote bag" type purse with quilted material (that i would have to make myself) AND inside AND outside zipper pocket, cell phone pocket and several other pockets. i just can't find a tutorial so i started drawing up my own...THEN researching on how to do it but boy am I lost! no i haven't sewn a lot mostly pillows, or straight edge items. i just LOVE my sewing/embroidery machine (oh did i mention i wanted to embroider the front of the bag as well??) that i gotta get some use out of it! help me not drown
A purse is still about straight lines so just think of it as small projects and go for it. Craftsters has some great tutorials.

Sabrina , mom to 4 fab kids!

Old 05-23-2008, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

aaaahhhh! i actually finished A bag. my first REAL purse! its not the one i planned to make but its half of what i wanted so that i could practice some. not all my lines were straight AND i prequilted the fabric myself WITHOUT a quilting foot! very time consuming. i guess it took about 12 or 13 hours to day (and i started yesterday afternoon....) i am soooo happy i finished it! can't wait to do MORE MORE MORE!

User Tag List