Crafty Tribe!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 285 Old 06-22-2008, 03:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunanthem View Post
I need ideas for an image for a logo I'm designing for a friend's doula biz called "peaceful beginnings" I'm so stuck. I need something that shows joyous birth, comfort of doula and partner, new family and baby, and peace. All I can think of is a peace sign w/ a baby cradled in the bottom of it... so dumb, plus i think the peace sign idea is way too literal. I need something that conveys the ideas, but is simple enough to be on a business card.
I'm just asking for any ideas, and I will get started with them in my drawings, and hopefully come up w/ something. I really need to do this b/c I will get paid for it!! cha ching yee haw.

$$$ oh yah!!!

Hum, lets brainstorm together. Peace....a Dove is a symbol of peace yes? How about four slanted squares that form a triangle, in each square you could put a small simple picture. One for peace, one for joy, one for family and one for comfort.

I really like this picture.
Another cool pic
this would translate well into a drawing

Oh how about an idea like this with a symbol on stones.

I will be back with more brainstorming.
#182 of 285 Old 06-22-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candipooh View Post
$$$ oh yah!!!

Hum, lets brainstorm together. Peace....a Dove is a symbol of peace yes? How about four slanted squares that form a triangle, in each square you could put a small simple picture. One for peace, one for joy, one for family and one for comfort.

I really like this picture.
Another cool pic
this would translate well into a drawing

Oh how about an idea like this with a symbol on stones.

I will be back with more brainstorming.
Oh thankyou, Candice. I really like those pics, especially the second one. Hmmmm...
The stones are a cool idea, but she wants a logo for biz cards, etc.
Keep the inspiration coming!

And on another note, look what I just "won", I got her for Eden's bday in august. Not too bad of a price, eh?

Saamy Student mama to  superhero.gifand hearts.gifand babyf.gif

#183 of 285 Old 06-23-2008, 01:44 PM

How about playing around with the first Charka, the Birth Charka (?)
http://www.multidimensions.com/Uncon...y_1chakra.html
But that won't be "well known" If you know what I mean. But still pretty.

If you wanted to stick with your first choice of a piece sign but are a little nervous that some way to the right wingers would be put off perhaps it could be not an obvious piece sign. Like with the idea of 4 symbols each in a square. But instead have three symbols inside of a peace sign. The lines could be vines or something that would make you think "is that a piece sign?"
#184 of 285 Old 06-23-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganaga View Post
Have you already seen this?

Girls’ Clothes Tutorial Round-Up
http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=212

Boys’ Clothes Tutorial Round-Up
http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=201
I was disappointed that they didn't have a boy's neck tie...
Those are great! Thanks

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#185 of 285 Old 06-23-2008, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia View Post
Speaking of making things by hand, check out what I bought today (I posted over in the thrifting tribe too, not exactly a thrift find, but I bought it at a church rummage sale today).

Its a really cute handmade dollie set. I think its handmade at least. Its made from branches and rope. It even has homemade bed linens, a pillow, and chair pads.

table and chairs
bed
bed frame
close-up
chair pad

Guess how much I paid for it??????
I bought the whole set for $2.00!

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
#186 of 285 Old 06-23-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia View Post
I bought the whole set for $2.00!

That is SO COOL!!!
#187 of 285 Old 06-23-2008, 11:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I thought it was too! Someone spent a lot of time sanding and cutting the branches.

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
#188 of 285 Old 06-24-2008, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candipooh View Post
How about playing around with the first Charka, the Birth Charka (?)
http://www.multidimensions.com/Uncon...y_1chakra.html
But that won't be "well known" If you know what I mean. But still pretty.

If you wanted to stick with your first choice of a piece sign but are a little nervous that some way to the right wingers would be put off perhaps it could be not an obvious piece sign. Like with the idea of 4 symbols each in a square. But instead have three symbols inside of a peace sign. The lines could be vines or something that would make you think "is that a piece sign?"
Oh, yes, I like this idea, my mind is starting to turn... thankyou! I will think on it.
Tilia; awesome job with the frugal find! What a deal!!

#189 of 285 Old 06-24-2008, 08:58 PM

Hubby took the whiny baby out-thank GOODNESS! I am SO tired, I didn't go to bed until after 1am-too much drama-and I can't nap because Ethan does NOT want to sleep. I am tired and cranky, BUT I am alone, so I am off to craft.

I am going to finish up my cards I have been putting off because I am JUST not into the scrapbooking thing right now and then who knows what I will be crafting..tomorrow will be felt ball day, so I do'nt want to do that...cooking is out since I don't have the ingredients I need cause Thur is shopping day...hmmm hmmmm hmmmmmm...what to do!

Ok off to card make..lol

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

#190 of 285 Old 06-25-2008, 12:05 AM

I've got some cards I need to be working on too. And I'm in the same boat.....procrastinating. I just can't get into it for some reason. I think I'll go make chocolate chip cookies instead!

Kara~ you have such self control, I shop 3-4 times a week because if I do it all at once, then have a hankering for something NOT on that weeks menu, well, it rots!

treehugger.gif Kat- mama to 6 little trees
#191 of 285 Old 06-25-2008, 12:35 AM

mmmmmm..... cookies. I weekly shop, too. Mostly I do a huge shopping trip at the beginning of each month, then a weekly one for fresh stuff. I hate shopping for groceries and want to do it as little as possible.

#192 of 285 Old 06-25-2008, 12:40 AM

Well I got a few done..lol

I am SERIOUSLY considering having someone make them for me..I just CANNOT be interested in this anymore...the card thing is driving me nuts!!

I am ready to craft my other stuff but I am just regretting the cards I want to be excited about it, but I just am not-blah!

And I am making spinach pita tomorrow too-now cooking I can get into

So would anyone hate me toooo much if I bought some handmade birthday cards for the rest of my unfinished batch????

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

#193 of 285 Old 06-25-2008, 09:32 AM

I've been into the tie-dye thing again and I'm very happy about it! I ordered a bunch of blanks from Dharma yesterday (including some toddler hairbands with bows that just slay me), as well as their new sage green and imperial purple dyes.

Oh, and I started a blog where I'll post photos of people wearing/using/loving the tie-dye I made.
#194 of 285 Old 06-25-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatolea View Post
Well I got a few done..lol

I am SERIOUSLY considering having someone make them for me..I just CANNOT be interested in this anymore...the card thing is driving me nuts!!

I am ready to craft my other stuff but I am just regretting the cards I want to be excited about it, but I just am not-blah!

And I am making spinach pita tomorrow too-now cooking I can get into

So would anyone hate me toooo much if I bought some handmade birthday cards for the rest of my unfinished batch????
you guys are funny!

My feelings are floating in the same boat! Im almost done with my cards. I finished the screen and screen printed the pieces. Yesterday I had to run to Joanns and buy more blank note cards. Today Im planning on gluing the pieces together. I told myself that I would have them done before I left for camping last week Well, you can see that didn't happen THEY MUST BE DONE TONIGHT!!!!

I totally agree with cooking coming before crafting In my case, Im cooking ALL THE TIME!!! DS is allergic to preservatives (among many other foods) in ALL food. So we make everything from scratch. Thank goodness we can live frugally enough to make it on DHs income. I have no idea how I would find the time to cook like this if I worked full time. We are so blessed to work for a non profit that allows me and DH to have flexible hours. When DH & I were a "team" in our "work", they really took care of us.
#195 of 285 Old 06-25-2008, 11:28 AM

How many cards are guys making? Is it that it's too many of the same card? I find that I can make about 10-12 of the same card, then after that it can get boring!
#196 of 285 Old 06-25-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
How many cards are guys making? Is it that it's too many of the same card? I find that I can make about 10-12 of the same card, then after that it can get boring!
I think thats my limit too. Im ( I think we all are) making 36 of the same cards. After about 10 of them, i get really really board.
#197 of 285 Old 06-25-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansricerevolt View Post
After about 10 of them, i get really really board.
:

sigh....

#198 of 285 Old 06-25-2008, 04:35 PM

Well, I hope it will raise your spirits a bit to know that the ones that are coming in are BEAUTIFUL. Kara, you can do this! If you get bored, switch it up a bit. Visit the $1 card making section at Joanns for inspiration or little knick knacks you can get into.

I WILL do mine tonight.....maybe we can have a little card making party and crank 'em out! I've got so much on my plate right now. Did I tell you guys I've got a big vacation coming up in July? We're going to Lopez Island (one of the San Juan Islands off the coast of Washington) and I'm SO EXCITED! I love weddings, and our 12th anniversary is the 15th of July, so we're kind of celebrating that too....

So, married ladies, how long have you been married?

#199 of 285 Old 06-25-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajahkat View Post
I love weddings, and our 12th anniversary is the 15th of July, so we're kind of celebrating that too....

We just recently celebrated our 12th anniversary!
#200 of 285 Old 06-25-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:

4.5 years

12 cards are now completely finished!!!
I just need to put together (im using my sewing machine for this) the other 24. They will be done tonight! Only another hour of work left to put into them.
#201 of 285 Old 06-25-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
We just recently celebrated our 12th anniversary!
wow! congrats!!
#202 of 285 Old 06-25-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:

First time 6 years...this time 9 so far!

My cards are done, sent and received (by Kat) Hallelujah!

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#203 of 285 Old 06-25-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:

7.5 years.

I have 24 cards done. I need to make 12 more still!

Jenny, proud maker of red things
#204 of 285 Old 06-25-2008, 07:24 PM

just had our 11 year anni. last week :
#205 of 285 Old 06-25-2008, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I don't believe in legal marriage, but I have been in my permanent relationship for...seven years in September.
#206 of 285 Old 06-25-2008, 08:40 PM

4 years this year legally and together since 1997 We waited 8 years to get married..lol

#207 of 285 Old 06-25-2008, 08:56 PM

we are married 7.5 years. we're going away for a weekend in July without the kids! I'm nervous. but I'm looking forward to lots of uninterrupted knitting, lol.

Dara Mommy to Gabbie (4/05) , Zachary (6/07) , and Simon (8/10)
#208 of 285 Old 06-25-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
I'm looking forward to lots of uninterrupted knitting, lol.

10 cards left!!!!!
#209 of 285 Old 06-25-2008, 11:25 PM

Yeah, I tell everyone if I had it all to do over again, I wouldn't get "married" I tend to get funny looks for that as though I'm saying I'd rather not be in a relationship with my husband. Really, all I mean is I don't think I'd bother to get the government involved and make it "legal" I'd still want a personal ceremony of some kind, but no need for a judge. I was 18 at the time though, so I didn't really think about doing it any other way. We eloped, actually. The funny thing is we got married in Nova Scotia, and apparently the age of consent is 19 there, so I had to fax a paper to my mom for her to give her approval for me to get married anyway! She didn't want me to get married and it was almost ugly. Bless my sister for coming to my rescue and basically telling my mom that if she refused to sign the paper, we'd just get married once we crossed the border again, and all she would have succeeded in doing is spoiling our plans. That's my loooong story.

#210 of 285 Old 06-25-2008, 11:27 PM

oh and as to the cards....I haven't worked on mine. I went to the farmers market instead and of course bought FOOD. Really, I don't weigh 300lbs, though it sounds like I probably do from as much as I obsess about making and eating things.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page