Best source to buy wool felt?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-17-2003, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So where have you found good deals/selection on wool felt? I've only found 1 local place to buy it and it's a wool blend felt for 6.99 a yard. She has great colors but just wondering if I get it cheaper on-line.
I've seen some deals for a selection of wool felt pieces on e-bay but I 'm leary about buying fabric from there since I've heard some people say they bought fabric and it was really old and fell apart quickly.
Other than Feltcraft by Petra Berger and Felt Wee Folk are there any other felt books you like?
Thanks for your input
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#2 of 7 Old 10-19-2003, 04:03 AM

Ann~ I would love to know this too! Magic Cabin sells some, as well as other doll making supplies, but I don't know if they're prices are good or not. Hopefully someone can help us!
#3 of 7 Old 10-19-2003, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Somebody told me that Joannas Fabric is now carrying wool felt in nice colors, although it is not 100% wool. Maybe Joannas on-line store carries it? You can also order the Keepsake Quilting catalog. They started carrying it for the quilters that are also making penny rugs. I think that the quality of their products has always been excellent.
#4 of 7 Old 10-19-2003, 12:44 PM

E-bay has a lot of wool felt too you might check there, they're usually in packages of multiple colors
#5 of 7 Old 10-19-2003, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies, our JoAnns does not carry it but the Hancock Fabric does have a wool blend felt at the same price as the little quilting place so I rather give the local place my biz-especially since she as tye dye wool felt! Very cool
I may try the e-bay option since I've looked at that a few times-a variety is what I really want so that would work for me.
Thanks
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#6 of 7 Old 10-19-2003, 01:51 PM

Our Joann fabrics has 100 percent wool felt on bolts for 6.99 a yard. We also have a mill end textiles that carries wool felt rectangles $1 each.
Kat
#7 of 7 Old 10-19-2003, 05:07 PM

ebay has the best prices on 100% wool felt. Search under "feltpro"

New Homemaker also has a good price on 100% wool Our Own Store

But...when you work out the prices to $ per square inch, feltpro has the best price.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page