Anyone start Christmas crafting yet? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 319 Old 08-12-2008, 10:59 PM
 
operamommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,863
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Guess what! I thought of the PERFECT gift for my 13 y/o ds1!!! :

He loves picking out a new calender every year (always has it hanging on his bedroom wall)....and he has two parakeets that he adores...so I'm going to take 12 secret pics of his birds and have it made into a custom calender!

I'm so excited; I just know he's going to go nuts over it.

A happy woman
operamommy is offline  
#62 of 319 Old 08-13-2008, 10:04 AM
 
rere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by operamommy View Post
Guess what! I thought of the PERFECT gift for my 13 y/o ds1!!! :

He loves picking out a new calender every year (always has it hanging on his bedroom wall)....and he has two parakeets that he adores...so I'm going to take 12 secret pics of his birds and have it made into a custom calender!

I'm so excited; I just know he's going to go nuts over it.
YAY!!!I'm so glad you came up with a great idea for him!!

rere is offline  
#63 of 319 Old 08-13-2008, 10:21 AM
 
frog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: where footprints dance in the snow
Posts: 9,229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by operamommy View Post
Guess what! I thought of the PERFECT gift for my 13 y/o ds1!!! :

He loves picking out a new calender every year (always has it hanging on his bedroom wall)....and he has two parakeets that he adores...so I'm going to take 12 secret pics of his birds and have it made into a custom calender!

I'm so excited; I just know he's going to go nuts over it.
That's awesome! I did that last year for my parents--they had their first grandchild last year--and they STILL talk about it. You can bet they'll get something similar this year!
frog is offline  
#64 of 319 Old 08-13-2008, 05:38 PM
 
iowaorganic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,292
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am kinda not feeling the Christmas crafting love. Mostly because I spend hours and days thinking of a great gift idea and then making it with love and good vibes and then I get the 'oh- you made this....' and my gift in return is a cake pan or a toaster or something that I don't use and don't like. I would like for people to just save thier money....

stepping off my soapbox.

I am crafting for DD and DS though- becuase they will tell me that whatever is 'beautiful' and give me a big hug!

I want to needle felt farm animals- maybe a set for both kids or maybe animals for DS and felt play food for DD. I would really like a new play kitchen (wooden) with pots and pans too and a farm playmat- like the one from Living Crafts..... But I run out of time so quickly..... Is it terribly ender biased to give one a farm set and one a kitchen? I don't want to do that....

For anyone else that I might feel the love for- a died silk scarf or homemade grocery bags.... If not a cake pan or a toaster.....

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

iowaorganic is offline  
#65 of 319 Old 08-13-2008, 05:43 PM
 
NoliMum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grapevine, Tx
Posts: 1,283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaorganic View Post
I am kinda not feeling the Christmas crafting love. Mostly because I spend hours and days thinking of a great gift idea and then making it with love and good vibes and then I get the 'oh- you made this....' and my gift in return is a cake pan or a toaster or something that I don't use and don't like. I would like for people to just save thier money....

stepping off my soapbox.

I am crafting for DD and DS though- becuase they will tell me that whatever is 'beautiful' and give me a big hug!

I want to needle felt farm animals- maybe a set for both kids or maybe animals for DS and felt play food for DD. I would really like a new play kitchen (wooden) with pots and pans too and a farm playmat- like the one from Living Crafts..... But I run out of time so quickly..... Is it terribly ender biased to give one a farm set and one a kitchen? I don't want to do that....

For anyone else that I might feel the love for- a died silk scarf or homemade grocery bags.... If not a cake pan or a toaster.....
You could switch the genders and give the boy the kitchen, and the girl the farm set. Or just put both names on the packages, and voice the intention that both children play with them.

I understand not wanting to put the time/effort/love into hand crafting things for people who will not appreciate them. I've done this myself and have been very disappointed with the reactions. I think for these people, I will try to find something hand crafted by someone else to buy!
NoliMum is offline  
#66 of 319 Old 08-13-2008, 09:17 PM
 
iowaorganic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,292
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoliMum View Post
You could switch the genders and give the boy the kitchen, and the girl the farm set. Or just put both names on the packages, and voice the intention that both children play with them.

I understand not wanting to put the time/effort/love into hand crafting things for people who will not appreciate them. I've done this myself and have been very disappointed with the reactions. I think for these people, I will try to find something hand crafted by someone else to buy!
so funny- I told DH what I want to make and he told me the same thing! But dang it if I am not looking for a play kitchen now...

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

iowaorganic is offline  
#67 of 319 Old 08-13-2008, 09:28 PM
 
Pumpkin_Pie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 4,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So far I have made matching hats for DS and myself (santa brings gifts for mamas too!) I also have made a ton of felt food for DS's stocking. I really want to find a nice little nightstand with a drawer on top and a cupboard door on the bottom to make into a play stove. I would love to buy him a play kitchen, but I really can't afford it, so I am going to try my best to make one.

I am also planning on knitting my parents a new batch of dishcloths and dish towels with the flap and button on top. My dad asks for them every few years, and I keep him supplied through Christmas gifts.

If I have time after those, I may knit DS a new sweater too. I have so many baby/toddler sweater patterns, it is hard to resist. Now if only I could find good yarn for cheap to make them out of! I may also knit him a scarf. I have been knitting since I was 5 years old (29 years! gulp!) and have yet to make a scarf.

Oh, I also plan to make T-shirt pants for most of DS's toddler friends. I buy T's for a quarter at thrift stores and can crank out a pair of pants in about 15 minutes. Comfy, cheap and super cute!

Not home made, but almost all of DS's other Christmas gifts are from thrift stores. I don't have the money to buy new, but have found a few things that I have tucked away so far, so I think he will be pretty much set once I finish his projects. We will have a nearly 100% homemade Christmas!

ETA: Now that I read about the dinosaur tail above, I may have to make one of those for DS as well. Sounds super, duper cute and easy!

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
Pumpkin_Pie is offline  
#68 of 319 Old 08-14-2008, 04:58 PM
 
rere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok here are some things that I've finished.

rere is offline  
#69 of 319 Old 08-14-2008, 05:12 PM
 
NoliMum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grapevine, Tx
Posts: 1,283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pumpkin Pie Did you make the rainbow hat on your baby in the pictures in your sig? I love it!!! Send me good knitting vibes: I'm teaching myself!

rere I love your gifts. They are so well executed, I'm sure the receivers will love them!

So far I have a ton of ideas and nothing made. Ok, I made a couple felt balls, but DD has already played with them, so I don't think they count as Christmas gifts anymore.
NoliMum is offline  
#70 of 319 Old 08-14-2008, 05:43 PM
 
rere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoliMum View Post
Pumpkin Pie Did you make the rainbow hat on your baby in the pictures in your sig? I love it!!! Send me good knitting vibes: I'm teaching myself!

rere I love your gifts. They are so well executed, I'm sure the receivers will love them!

So far I have a ton of ideas and nothing made. Ok, I made a couple felt balls, but DD has already played with them, so I don't think they count as Christmas gifts anymore.
Thanks!

Now I need more ideas.Especially for the men on my list.

rere is offline  
#71 of 319 Old 08-14-2008, 05:55 PM
 
frog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: where footprints dance in the snow
Posts: 9,229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rere View Post
Especially for the men on my list.
Who are the men on your list?
frog is offline  
#72 of 319 Old 08-14-2008, 08:05 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Healing my heart
Posts: 6,151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's what I have planned so far for homemade gifts (I'm sure they will get some non-homemade ones too):

For my boys:
Journal Jars - http://organizedchristmas.com/childs-journal-jar - DONE
Foaming Monster Puke (a.k.a. bubblebath for my 8 yr old) - http://www.craftbits.com/viewProject.do?projectID=476
Pajama pants

For the 2 older girls:
Bath Salts - http://www.allfreecrafts.com/bath-an...th-salts.shtml
Glitter playdough - waiting til last day so it doesn't dry out
Ribbon wands - DONE
mittens
Dream Pillows - http://www.craftbits.com/viewProject.do?projectID=177
Magic Fairy Bubbles (a.k.a. bubblebath)

For the youngest:
ribbon wands - DONE
ribbon rings - DONE
giant pompoms
wooden blocks made by DH

For my 4 & 6 yr old nephews:
I Spy bags - DONE
Superhero capes - http://pukingpastilles.com/?p=57 - DONE

For my infant nephews:
jingle blocks - DONE
Giant pompoms

For my mom & 2 of my sisters:
wool dryer balls
"Dammit Dolls" - DONE

And for treats, they will all get Snowman & Reindeer Poop (mini marshmallows & Whoopers), plus Reindeer Food (recipe here - http://www.recipesource.com/misc/non...ple-chow1.html. It's called "People Chow", but I switched it to "Reindeer Food").

Mama~Love is offline  
#73 of 319 Old 08-14-2008, 10:04 PM
 
rere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Who are the men on your list?
My mother's husband - likes taking pictures,cooking,wine,golf,cats

My brother(40 yrs old)-ummm????

Friend(12 yrs old)-sweet guy,likes video games,mythical creatures,star wars

Sister's boyfriend(27 rs old)- likes to cook and watch movies

My husband's uncle - he is the biggest challenge.He has way too much stuff and no real interests that I've ever heard him talk about.

My husband's other uncle who is a grown man but had a brain injury as a child leaving like a kid mentally.The challenge with this gift is that he lives with the uncle who has too much stuff and after 60+ yrs of receiving toys as gifts,they add up.I try to do something practical but fun.Last year I made him these.This year I'm stumped.

rere is offline  
#74 of 319 Old 08-14-2008, 10:10 PM
 
rere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mommyofmany - I love the bubble bath!Thanks for sharing.And I was thinking about wool dryer balls for my mom too.

rere is offline  
#75 of 319 Old 08-14-2008, 10:52 PM
 
Pumpkin_Pie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 4,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoliMum View Post
Pumpkin Pie Did you make the rainbow hat on your baby in the pictures in your sig? I love it!!! Send me good knitting vibes: I'm teaching myself!
No, I wish. I did make a version of it by just looking at it and copying it, but I hate the colors I picked, so I am going to take it out and re-knit it when I get around to it. As soon as I find my camera, I will take pics of DS's and my hats to show off. They came out really, really cute. I can't wait to wear mine!

Oh, and tons of good vibes to you in learning to knit! You can do it!!! :

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
Pumpkin_Pie is offline  
#76 of 319 Old 08-15-2008, 11:54 AM
 
NoliMum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grapevine, Tx
Posts: 1,283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rere View Post
My mother's husband - likes taking pictures,cooking,wine,golf,cats

My brother(40 yrs old)-ummm????

Friend(12 yrs old)-sweet guy,likes video games,mythical creatures,star wars

Sister's boyfriend(27 rs old)- likes to cook and watch movies

My husband's uncle - he is the biggest challenge.He has way too much stuff and no real interests that I've ever heard him talk about.

My husband's other uncle who is a grown man but had a brain injury as a child leaving like a kid mentally.The challenge with this gift is that he lives with the uncle who has too much stuff and after 60+ yrs of receiving toys as gifts,they add up.I try to do something practical but fun.Last year I made him these.This year I'm stumped.
Well, most people who like to cook also like to eat, so.... bake bake bake!! :

Or you could do potholders, kiss-the-cook aprons, etc.

Or premade mixes that you prepare yourself, like soup mix or muffin mix... and you could make a nice package for it with a fancy mixing bowl or something. Like vintage Pyrex, that would be cool!
NoliMum is offline  
#77 of 319 Old 08-15-2008, 02:41 PM
 
rere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoliMum View Post
Well, most people who like to cook also like to eat, so.... bake bake bake!! :

Or you could do potholders, kiss-the-cook aprons, etc.

Or premade mixes that you prepare yourself, like soup mix or muffin mix... and you could make a nice package for it with a fancy mixing bowl or something. Like vintage Pyrex, that would be cool!
Thanks for the ideas!

I was thinking about an apron for my sister's boyfriend.Last year we did a premade mix for him and I bought him a journal that I wrote some of our favorite recipes in.

We've done an apron for my mom's husband in the past.I would like to do something involving my daughter.Although I was grown when he came into my mom's life and don't see him as a father figure,I do see him as a grandfather to my daughter.Lately I've been trying to make sure he knows that.

rere is offline  
#78 of 319 Old 08-15-2008, 02:44 PM
 
frog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: where footprints dance in the snow
Posts: 9,229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What about freshly ground spices and spice mixes? I'll bet your daughter would have a good time using the mortar and pestle and, as another cook, I love to receive that sort of thing.

If she's not into the mortar and pestle, you could have her decorate the bags or labels for the spices.
frog is offline  
#79 of 319 Old 08-15-2008, 02:46 PM
 
rere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
NoliMum,

Writing out that response just helped me come up with the start of an idea for my mother's husband.Thanks!

I took this most awesome picture of my daughter flying through the air(over the bed).He loved it and also did some manipulating of it that he was very proud of.I think I'll have it printed on something for him.Not exactly handmade but....

rere is offline  
#80 of 319 Old 08-15-2008, 03:04 PM
 
rere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
What about freshly ground spices and spice mixes? I'll bet your daughter would have a good time using the mortar and pestle and, as another cook, I love to receive that sort of thing.

If she's not into the mortar and pestle, you could have her decorate the bags or labels for the spices.
That's a good idea!

Thanks!

rere is offline  
#81 of 319 Old 08-15-2008, 03:22 PM
 
operamommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,863
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ack! I have to close my eyes so that I don't see all the great gift ideas...it's too tempting to keep adding more to my list!

Pumpkin Pie, how do you make pants so fast? I'd love to find a super simple method/pattern. My ds2 (hopefully!!!) will be potty-training this winter, so I'm planning on making him several pairs of elastic waist pants.

A happy woman
operamommy is offline  
#82 of 319 Old 08-15-2008, 03:31 PM
 
NoliMum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grapevine, Tx
Posts: 1,283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by operamommy View Post
Ack! I have to close my eyes so that I don't see all the great gift ideas...it's too tempting to keep adding more to my list!

Pumpkin Pie, how do you make pants so fast? I'd love to find a super simple method/pattern. My ds2 (hopefully!!!) will be potty-training this winter, so I'm planning on making him several pairs of elastic waist pants.
I was wondering the same thing about the pattern. I'd love to turn some old tshirts into pants.

rere, Glad I could help. I think your print-out idea is wonderful. It shows that you appreciate his artwork AND his grandfatherhood.

I also like the spices idea. I have a cooking friend who just got married, and maybe I'll do that for her wedding gift....
NoliMum is offline  
#83 of 319 Old 08-15-2008, 04:53 PM
 
rere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
T shirt pants

I made my daughter a ton of these as pants and shorts.So easy!

rere is offline  
#84 of 319 Old 08-16-2008, 05:56 PM
 
sarahn4639's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,698
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rere View Post
I started last week.

I started teaching myself to sew right before my grandma died.And during a visit with her I was telling her how I really liked the idea of using old clothes as sewing materials.So the next time I saw her she gave me some of her clothes to use.She died not too much later.I couldn't figure out what to do with the stuff she gave me until the other day when it dawned on me to cut it into strips to make patchwork scarves for all the ladies in my family.

So far I've only made two but it's early right?
I LOVE this!!! If I were your family member I would think this was the absolute best present EVER!! That is such a wonderful way to have a reminder of your grandma with you.

Okay, back to reading, I just had to comment on that.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
sarahn4639 is offline  
#85 of 319 Old 08-16-2008, 08:15 PM
 
sarahn4639's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,698
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for all the inspiration! I am making my list now and gathering all my ideas so I can get started. Here is what I have so far:

For DD:
super hero capes with initials
ribbon wand
felt play food
aprons for Grace and I
tutus
felt board

James:
chew toys/dolls
Blanket

Nieces:
leg warmers and already bought a couple things on Target clearance
possibly also do a princess skirt for each

mom:
nightgowns personalized in some way
grocery bag

dad:
handkerchiefs embroidered-cabin, initials, grandkids

sisters:
grocery bags
wool dryer balls

I have many others on my list (we both have huge/close families) but these are my only homemade ideas thus far.

I need an idea for a special gift for my cousin. She babysits my kids for me a lot and I leave her some money sometimes but she won't really take it an I don't have tons to give. So I want to make her something special to let her know how much I appreciate her. I just don't know....I need it to be personal but I can't think of a thing! She is a larger woman so Im' thinking possibly an apron sized to fit her. Possibly some bath salts but she's got psoriosis (Spelling, I know!) so I dont' know how that would work. She is a typical loving mom, she gives and gives to everyone but doesn't do for herself. Any and all ideas are appreciated. I sew but don't knit or crochet.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
sarahn4639 is offline  
#86 of 319 Old 08-16-2008, 08:18 PM
 
textbookcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Keep the great ideas coming!
textbookcase is offline  
#87 of 319 Old 08-16-2008, 11:37 PM
 
rere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahn4639 View Post
I LOVE this!!! If I were your family member I would think this was the absolute best present EVER!! That is such a wonderful way to have a reminder of your grandma with you.
Thanks!

It's nice to hear because I always second guess myself when it comes to the handmade presents.Uhg.So thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one who thinks it's a good idea.

ETA:My daughter loves the slide show of your sons birth.Thanks for sharing that.

rere is offline  
#88 of 319 Old 08-17-2008, 12:20 AM
 
2 in August's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,467
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss April View Post
I'm making "family tree of life" pendants for my mom, mil, and step mom too. I got all the beads I need, just need wire (and to find my tools). Those will be pretty fast to make though.

Keep the ideas coming!

Oh, how are you making those? It sounds like something my mom would like.
2 in August is offline  
#89 of 319 Old 08-17-2008, 12:45 AM
 
2 in August's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,467
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm trying to figure out how to make reuseable shopping bags. I don't knit or crochet, so I just took about 10 books on macrame and weaving out of the library. I figure I should be able to get something to work, lol. I've got to ask my brother if he and sil would actually use them though before I make them. I think it would be really neat if I could use old plastic shopping bags to make them from too.

After that, I'm lost. I always make 3-4 different snack mixes (chex mix type stuff, but different flavors). I do easy candies. I've also made mixes, one year was cup o'soup in individual baggies so they just had to dump it in a mug, add water and heat it up.

I've made purses out of shrunken sweaters, retro string art, home-made bubble bath, a book shelf made out of books and a shelf made out of records. Bought a sweatshirt and let dd color with fabric crayons then ironed it on for mil. Did the same with cloth hankies for my dad.

I'm running out of ideas and need new ones!
2 in August is offline  
#90 of 319 Old 08-17-2008, 01:29 AM
 
sarahn4639's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,698
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
rere, you are welcome and thank you! my dd just made us watch every birth video we have today. She loves watching babies be born! (Especially his since she's in it)

jen, macrame is a great idea. let us know how that goes! i was going to do something like this orthis. I don't know if you've seen this, it's a way to turn plastic bags into "fabric". They would be very cool reusable bags!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
sarahn4639 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off