wool wrap with buttons? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-11-2008, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have some nice, but slightly stiff, not very stretchy, fine wool knit that I think would make a great wrap-style soaker. I don't have a snap press, and I'm uninterested in using velcro...
Soooo.... does anyone know of a pattern that uses or can use buttons? I don't think I've ever seen a wool soaker with buttons, have you?

---feeling like an emu on acid---
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-16-2008, 01:30 AM

I believe I've seen wool soakers made with hook and eye closures...and I think I saw some weird ones on some overseas ebay that actually tied closed. You could make a pull on one, too. Stretchy wool makes great pull on covers as well as wraps. I don't know about buttons. For me personally, button holes are very difficult, and would be even more challenging to me if it was on some very stretchy wool. But that's just me. I suck at button holes. If you are very experienced with working with buttons and button holes, then that's an obtion for you. But they are definitely not easy.

Edit: Didn't read correctly--Didn't realize you said *not* very stretchy. Sorry. :
#3 of 5 Old 08-16-2008, 05:05 AM

Ribby Wrap
http://www.littleturtleknits.com/sto...roducts_id=216

Disclaimer: I'm not a knitter, but I bought a newborn size one from another mama when my DS #2 was tiny, and I loved it.
#4 of 5 Old 08-17-2008, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you! That was the way I was thinking in my head, good to know that someone else has done it
You know, I've never had a problem with buttons and buttonholes... hook and eye tick me off, most of the time, though I was in heaven when i got my first machine with a button-holer.

I've seen the tie-on one before, too, and completely forgot about it because I don't like to knit... I know I have a soft stretchy sweater that would make a great tie-on!

---feeling like an emu on acid---
#5 of 5 Old 08-17-2008, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thixle View Post
I have some nice, but slightly stiff, not very stretchy, fine wool knit that I think would make a great wrap-style soaker. I don't have a snap press, and I'm uninterested in using velcro...
Soooo.... does anyone know of a pattern that uses or can use buttons? I don't think I've ever seen a wool soaker with buttons, have you?
i have one and love it. i was thinking of trying to knit simply by looking at the other one but i do know there are a few patterns online.

ill post if i find one.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page