How do I make my DD's Halloween costume? Boo from Monsters, Inc. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-16-2008, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 2 year old daughter loves Monsters Inc. and I think she'd make a really cute Boo for Halloween. When I did a search online, I found that these costumes are going for over $100 on eBay! There's no way I'd pay that for a Halloween costume. So, I'm thinking of borrowing a sewing machine and making it myself, but I don't know how to sew all that well (I took Home Ec in Junior High; that was ages ago!). Does anyone have any suggestions or know where I can find a pattern for this costume? I went into Beverly Fabrics today and they didn't have the pattern, but I'm so lost, I don't even know where to begin. Any help would be appreciated! TIA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2008, 01:56 PM

not sure if you saw this http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes...ostume.html#c2

Leslie-mom to Carson and Madison :, Sage Tree :, and Buckbeak, Tonks, and Luna
Old 10-03-2008, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I don't have an answer for you, but I'm in the exact same boat! My ds wants to be Mike from Monsters Inc, even though he has never seen the movie. He just saw the costume and liked it. I just had the idea that dd could be Boo. She is usually wearing pigtails, so it makes sense! I borrowed the movie from Netflix, so maybe I will show it to them this weekend.

Anyway, I am also going to attempt to sew a costume. I was thinking of getting some thick batting and making a tube for the body. Maybe finding a purple hoody to wear underneath? Then attaching eyes/mop hair to the hood.

I was thinking of making a Sulley costume for myself as well, but don't know if I'll get that far!

Hey, I am in the Bay Area, too, so maybe we can combine forces in some way.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:04 AM

We did this one year. I got her an oversized pink shirt and purple leggings. Then we got a blue hard hat and I printed out the Monsters Inc. logo and put it on there. I think we gave her pigtails, too. I thought about doing the purple monster version, but I was just too overwhelmed making the Sulley costume for DH that year.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

I just saw these responses to my post! I'm sorry it's taken me this long to reply! These are all great ideas, but my daughter has since decided to be a ballerina for Halloween, which will be much easier and less expensive for me! It would have been cute, though (if I only knew how to sew!).

User Tag List