Diaper/ Cover help..... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-05-2003, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, I have a few general questions regarding making my own diapers/ covers.

I am finally getting around to making diapers to fit into all my adorable covers that Ihave made and am having fastener issues. These are all nb diapers so they intended wearer won't be moving on her own accord much (but if you could see my belly "rumble" you wouldn't believe it ). I put Aplix across the front of some of the diapers (2 layers of fabric (flannel, terry, knit) and 3 layers hemp fleece in the middle) but then looked at the fact that all of these were meant to be worn in a cover with Aplix across the front. This seems like Aplix overkill, especially for a nb. So, can I leave the fasteners off the diapers? Do, I need to put it on the dipes as she gets bigger and moves more?

Also, the diapers and the covers seem to be about the same size. Do my dipes need to be a little smaller to fit entirely INSIDE a cover?

Any advice is welcome and appreciated......Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 11-05-2003, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
lol you have it all worked out in your head, just need to trust yourself. YES, you can forfeit the aplix on the diapers, but if you wish to have some to go coverless you can instead put the loop side of the aplix on the back wings and a hook /laundry tab aplix on teh front wing (make the front wing shorter) so there is less tummy presure. YES make your dipes a tad smaller than your covers or make sure it's all tucked in well. (I actually make my covers a tad bigger than my dipes but if it works for you). as the baby gets more mobile i really do suggest closures, but thats me.

Ahhh tea the essence of life.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page