Re-using baby food jars.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-17-2008, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 8-month-old has taken a liking to empty baby food jars and wants to play with them. Is there a way I can reuse them and make them more interesting - and safe! - for him to play with? Thanks!

SAHM to DS 12/29/07 and DD 9/15/10 smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-20-2008, 01:11 PM

You could fill them with small objects that s/he can't play with. Like, small shells, coins, beans, glitter, a flower, bits of paper or foil. You could also fill with colored water, hair jell and then add the above things. Another idea, you could fill with rice and then add little things to make a seek and find. I would make sure to hot glue the lid close and the let it set and cool before giving to baby to play with.

A wife to A, unschoolen mom to C (7), T (3) & little A (9 months).
Hey Nena, I know you are creepen on me. privateeyes.gif  Get a life. 
#3 of 5 Old 09-20-2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_mommy View Post
You could fill them with small objects that s/he can't play with. Like, small shells, coins, beans, glitter, a flower, bits of paper or foil. You could also fill with colored water, hair jell and then add the above things. Another idea, you could fill with rice and then add little things to make a seek and find. I would make sure to hot glue the lid close and the let it set and cool before giving to baby to play with.
What a good idea. Now I'm going to have to go out and actually buy some baby food just to get the jars. I'll fill em up with rice, beans, noodles, etc., hot glue them shut, and let the kids stock their play kitchen.
#4 of 5 Old 09-21-2008, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Great idea! Thanks!

SAHM to DS 12/29/07 and DD 9/15/10 smile.gif
#5 of 5 Old 09-21-2008, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
THanks! That is great!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page