pull-out - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 01-14-2009, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my husband and i have been successfully using this method for the past 16 months, so far so good. i really think it's one of those things you should only use though if a possible pregnancy wouldn't completely devastate you.

Alia + Brian proud parents to Rowan (9/8/04) Lila (9/3/07) and Rhys (6/11/10)
#32 of 40 Old 01-16-2009, 05:28 PM

So do all you ladies use the pull out method while you are Ovulating?? I have really not paid attention about when we DTD using the POM and so I am not sure if we just don't have sex on the ovulation day.. Anyways, do you do any other Precaution not to get Preggo? (Chart, condoms during O time, ( ETC...) ok thanks!

Daughter (7.5) Son(5) and Husband of 9 Years!!  saynovax.gifhomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgh20homebirth.gif
***5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40*stork-boy.gif
#33 of 40 Old 01-16-2009, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I watch cm and if I'm toward fertile we either abstain or dh wears a condom... usually, anyway. Occasionally he has a weak moment where he doesn't mind the added risk. I want more, he doesn't so i don't mind.

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#34 of 40 Old 01-19-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemongrass View Post
Well...I'm 26 weeks pregnant now, but it worked every other time.
Modify this to 24 weeks, and that's me.

It worked for us for nearly 6 years, though. But he isn't the most fertile.

I've known many, many people who had babies because of withdrawal method.

I agree with PP who said it's not exactly TTC, but it's not TTA, either.

ETA: And yeah, it wasn't that he pulled out too late. He pulled out in plenty of time (5-10 seconds).

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#35 of 40 Old 01-20-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post
Modify this to 24 weeks, and that's me.

It worked for us for nearly 6 years, though. But he isn't the most fertile.

I've known many, many people who had babies because of withdrawal method.

I agree with PP who said it's not exactly TTC, but it's not TTA, either.

ETA: And yeah, it wasn't that he pulled out too late. He pulled out in plenty of time (5-10 seconds).
Well in your case of using it for 6 years, Me and my husband know that right before my period starts we don't use the pull out method we just let it fly!! did you guys have those time that you knew you were not fertile and let it fly? And it just might have been the key to you being pregnant. If I every got pregnant My husband would so blame it on that day before My period when we did the deed.. LOL so I wouldn't think that though.

Daughter (7.5) Son(5) and Husband of 9 Years!!  saynovax.gifhomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgh20homebirth.gif
#36 of 40 Old 01-20-2009, 09:12 PM

#1 was concieved while using this method, but I was ovulating, and we did it anyway, and well, that was that. But I've used it successfully for 5 yrs (not counting my preg with ds2) and found it to work well, as long as I am breastfeeding and not ovulating. Of course there is always the chance it might fail ... and well that would just be a shame! ... hehe.

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#37 of 40 Old 01-21-2009, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmi2kids View Post
Well in your case of using it for 6 years, Me and my husband know that right before my period starts we don't use the pull out method we just let it fly!! did you guys have those time that you knew you were not fertile and let it fly? And it just might have been the key to you being pregnant. If I every got pregnant My husband would so blame it on that day before My period when we did the deed.. LOL so I wouldn't think that though.
Nope, he was SO strict about it, I guess from years of habit... even right before or right after my period, still would withdraw. (After I found out I was pregnant, and we stopped with the pulling out, he even took a little while to remember that he didn't have to pull out anymore, hahaha).

I never thought much about fertility, though, and had no idea where I ovulated (although, I was 28-day clockwork, so I'm guessing around day 14 or whatever the norm is).

Basically, we'd agreed to have kids but not WHEN we would have kids. So it was an attitude of "we're going to do this kind of half-@ssed prevention, but if it happens, it happens."

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#38 of 40 Old 01-21-2009, 03:46 PM

WOw, That would be unheard of in this house, Only utill I get Preggo with no slip up!!! Thanks for explaning!! I would love to have another, one of these days but Dh is a Noway. But would mind if it was a (it just happened) kinda thing. So looking forward to that time in our life!!! If any!

#39 of 40 Old 01-26-2009, 12:08 AM

we use POM all of the time. nothing else. and i have no idea when i ovulate (other than noticing EWCM sometimes). like i said, we've beeen using it for 11 yrs, and have never had a pg from it.

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#40 of 40 Old 02-01-2009, 05:50 PM

We've used it for 3 years now (used condoms for the first year of our relationship), I've never been pregnant.

I think this method can work perfectly for some, for others it's chancy. I would be thrilled to have an oops (even though we're not at all TTC, and would have to rearrange things quite a bit if a baby was coming into the picture). But, we know we want children eventually. It's just that I am still very young and we aren't totally living together yet..

If I was actively trying to avoid pregnancy, no way would I be doing this!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page