Questions about Mirena IUD, Help - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-14-2008, 04:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
***Moved to Family planning. Thanks

OK, so I went to the gyno. for a routine pap smear and somehow got convinced to have an IUD put in. I was considering the pill before but hadn't put much thought into an IUD. Anyway it was extremely painful and apparently the clamps she used on my cervix caused excessive bleeding which she then had to cauterize. I almost passed out on the way to the parking lot. I hadn't had a period yet and I'm 7 months pp. I have had brown bleeding now for three days which isn't that odd I guess considering that I had bleeding on my cervix. The part that is bothering me is that I know it is there. My cervix feels different internally. It is hard to explain but it is almost like an involuntary pushing sensation going on down there. I don't know if it is because I've always used NFP and charted for years so I'm more in tune with my cervix or what but it just feels weird. So now after only 4 days of having it in I'm considering having it removed except I'm scared to death that it is going to hurt again. Everything I've read says it is better to have it removed during your period but I've haven't had one and may not since I'm still nursing. Is that gonna make it harder to remove / hurt more? Has anyone else had this strange sensation with an IUD? Please share your stories.

Katana - Full time student : and SAHM to 5 kids
Boy / Girl Twins born 5/5/2010!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-15-2008, 03:49 AM

For the first few days I felt awkward and sick knowing it was there. But it was all in my head and I got over it. However, I had never previously charted and so it was easier for me to "forget" about the IUD than I think it would be for a woman who has a closer relationship with her cervix.

As for getting it out, no big deal at all. My midwife had it in her hand before I realized she had even found the strings. It seriously took like two seconds and I hardly felt anything.

: 10/06 : 10/09
#3 of 3 Old 12-15-2008, 11:34 AM

I felt mine for the first couple weeks. Drove me nuts and I considered getting it taken out but decided to wait.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page