Period late, could it be.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-12-2009, 04:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My period is about 4 days late. I don't think I have anything to worry about but I couldn't find anything about it only. This is only my second period post partum so I am just going on the length of my period from before I was pregnant. I also have a Paragard copper IUD. I don't think it is supposed to mess up your period. I know the chances of getting pregnant with an IUD are not that high but it would be something I would like to know early as it is not exactly straight forward. Anyone have any experience with paragard?
What where mamas cycles like postpartum?
thanks

Mamabelly.gif to DS (3 years)biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gifflowersforyou.gifchicken3.gifbroc1.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 02-12-2009, 05:11 AM

I'm 6 months pp and I'm taking the birth control pill "Errin". I haven't had a period yet, but I have period like cramps. I never got a period after DS was born, went off the pill to see if I actually had a cycle (I was 8 months PP then) and got preggo so I guess I did have cycle. I don't know if you are supposed to get a period or not. Maybe I should check with a doctor?

Anyway, I'm not a big help here, sorry.

joy.gif
#3 of 8 Old 02-12-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbold View Post
My period is about 4 days late. I don't think I have anything to worry about but I couldn't find anything about it only. This is only my second period post partum so I am just going on the length of my period from before I was pregnant. I also have a Paragard copper IUD. I don't think it is supposed to mess up your period. I know the chances of getting pregnant with an IUD are not that high but it would be something I would like to know early as it is not exactly straight forward. Anyone have any experience with paragard?
What where mamas cycles like postpartum?
thanks
i would test! if you are pg, you need to find out right away to avoid problems with the baby caused by the IUD. i don't think paragard should affect your cycle.

but most likely your period is just still regulating itself. my first couple PP were very irregular. like i had one in february, one in march, but not another one till may. that kind of thing.

still, i'd definitely test ASAP just in case. good luck, mama!

dissertating wife of Boo, mama of one "mookie" lovin' 2 year old girl! intactlact:: CTA until 7/10 FF 1501dc
#4 of 8 Old 02-12-2009, 12:28 PM

Yeah, the first few cycles can be very irregular, I've heard of mums having 60-day cycles at first, which gradually got closer together until they were back to normal.

But given the fact that you have an IUD, I would test, just to be on the safe side. I'd probably even use "backup" control, like condoms, until I knew my cycle was back to normal and I could trust being "on time" or "late" as an indicator.

Heather, mom to Caileigh 12/06 and aspie ADHD prodigy David 05/98 :intact lact
#5 of 8 Old 02-12-2009, 01:25 PM

4 days?! I wouldn't be concerned yet...But then my periods have never been that consistent.
#6 of 8 Old 02-13-2009, 03:23 AM

No Paragard here, but my cycles have been all over the board since returning, everything from 27-62 days!! Prior to the babe it was always 26-30 days consistently. I actually tested for pregnancy this time, since it was so long between (the 62!). A midwife said since he still BFs that it could just be like this until he stops... Not sure if that's a factor for you.

Wife and mama to one awesome boy. love.gif
#7 of 8 Old 02-13-2009, 03:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Moving to fertility

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#8 of 8 Old 02-13-2009, 03:37 AM

After I had DD my periods starting coming 6wks apart when before I was pregnant they were 4wks. It may be possible that your body just changed the cycle length since your birth.

Me with my baby girl Maeleigh (Oct 08) and My (step) baby girl Whren (May 05) in Heaven with her mommy .. And introducing our little JuneBug (June 10) We heard the !!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page