TTC planning...what are you doing to prepare? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-13-2009, 02:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dh and I have decided to ttc next fall. Currently I have a list of things that I would like to do to prepare for ttc. I was just wondering what others were doing to prepare for the journey.

Here is my list:

Lose as much weight as I can. Right now I am considered obese by BMI standards. I weigh 171 lbs and am 5ft 5. I was also gestational diabetic with my last pregnancy and I hope being at a healthier start weight I might keep the diabetes away. (it can't hurt)

Exercise. I am the worst at exercising. i have recently started swimming and doing water aerobics at the local YMCA. I love the water so instead of making excuses of why I can't go, I am finding excuses to why I should go. Again this takes me back to GD. I really really really do not want to develop it again (and the odds are not in my favor) but at least if I do I will have exercise to help me.

Go off my antidepressant. I have done this. I weaned myself slowly for fear of the horrible withdrawls I had heard from the drug I was taking. Luckily I didn't have any.

Get into the habit of taking my vitamin every day. I am pretty good about this.

Drink more water...it is just good for you.

Lastly take out the IUD and have fun!!!!
#2 of 2 Old 03-13-2009, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Eating healthier, exercising in hopes of losing 30 lbs, saving up money, cut out most caffeine & all alcohol, reading reading reading about conception and pregnancy!

Jenny & Marty married as of 6/9/2007
: First cycle TTC#1 7/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page