Without trying or not trying, how long did it take you to conceive? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: How long did it take you to get pregnant?
Bullseye! First month 131 50.97%
2 or 3 months 45 17.51%
4-6 months 16 6.23%
6-12 months 24 9.34%
Longer than a year 41 15.95%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 72 Old 03-11-2010, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
7 months actively trying with charts and all that good stuff.

the first two were happy little surprises, a condom baby and a birth control baby... I figured it would be easy once we tried again... I guess things just had to wait until the time was right.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#62 of 72 Old 03-12-2010, 02:24 AM

Baby #1 -- conceived month #1 when we were getting ready to ttc for real the following month.

Baby #2 -- pretty much the same thing

Baby #3 -- 2 months of not trying/not preventing went by, then 5 months TTC before conceiving

I voted bullseye since that was our experience the first time. We've been charting our whole marriage though, so we knew when not preventing that we could easily get pregnant. I wasn't in the dark to what my cycle was doing.

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
#63 of 72 Old 03-21-2010, 11:10 AM

I'm not entirely sure how to answer this question, but DD2 was the result of a very early ovulation combined with very long-living sperm from unprotected sex on Day 6 of a menstrual cycle. I'm sure we had been doing it on Day 6 every cycle for like a year before we got lucky.

(DD1, on the other hand, was conceived after 9 cycles of doing it ON the day of ovulation.)

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#64 of 72 Old 03-21-2010, 11:37 AM

The 1st time, we missed on the 1st month, missed on the 2nd month, but by then I had enough info to bullseye on the 3rd month.

Um, TMI and maybe just a whacky theory, but my cycles changed after I married DH. I charted for most of my teens years just for fertility health but when I got married everything was altered...temp, LP length...it was strange. The 1st month I wrote it off due to the stress of the wedding but it wasn't just delayed O.

With the second baby we really wanted an August birth, but then I wasn't looking at the right time. We skipped over that month, but along came the next cycle and DH and I were so baby crazy we decided to TTC instead of TTA lol.

(I know it sounds picky, but we thought if we didn't achieve an August-due baby, we'd TTA until February for a November-due baby).

Mama to expecting Babe 2
#65 of 72 Old 03-21-2010, 11:47 AM

First baby was the "pull-out-method baby." Conceived after six years of only using the pull out method for birth control. Yep-- six YEARS that worked for us. Then, ooops, oh well, she's beautiful

Second baby was conceived the night we decided to try for another. Yes, that evening. No, I wasn't charting. Yes, we are insanely lucky.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#66 of 72 Old 04-01-2010, 12:08 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
There have been 2 times that I have had unprotected sex during ovulation.. I have 2 kids, so.. Bullseye!

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#67 of 72 Old 04-01-2010, 01:16 AM
2xy

Got pregnant on the pill with DS1.

Failed to use a condom one time and got pregnant with DS2.
#68 of 72 Old 04-05-2010, 07:46 PM

3 years with DS (Not sure if that would count as "not trying" since we were ttc but not religiously)

1st month "not preventing" with this one - 2nd PPAF (We abstained during first PP cycle due to possible prolapse issues until we were cleared by the obgyn)

Lore, mom to my sweet little boy, born at home 11/09, and my spunky little girl, born in the hospital 10/10

#69 of 72 Old 04-06-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobmom View Post
It's harder to work on it all the time though,
when you have a 3 yo in the house.
Isn't that the truth!!
#70 of 72 Old 04-14-2010, 09:58 PM
myk

i wish i could have voted twice. my first two pregnancies were accidents - one from a single act of intercourse within a 6 month period, and the second was a failure of multiple birth control. age 19 & 21.

my third was one week of trying. age 29.

but, this time around, it's been 2 full years since we've stopped using birth control (still trying). i'm with a different partner now, and i'm in my mid-30s, so that might explain part of it.

January 2011
#71 of 72 Old 04-14-2010, 10:16 PM

1st pg: 4 months (had been on the pill previously)
2nd pg: 1st month trying (no hormonal birth control between pregnancies)

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#72 of 72 Old 04-15-2010, 12:31 AM

I went off the Pill after 15+ years and got the last-pill bleed October 13. Got married October 24. Got my BPF November 19 after a week or so of symptoms I assumed were hormones re-setting/PMS/whatever. Based on ultrasound/measurements, this is a wedding night baby, give or take.

Mid-30s. I hadn't ovulated since I was a teenager, and did so very irregularly then. My doctor suspected it may take awhile due to age and, possibly, PCOS.

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page