Ovulation Before PPAF? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-18-2009, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm wondering if I may have olulated, or may be now..

I am 13 months pp, not having periods, checking cm/cp daily (since 6mo), and using opks (for only three days). We are tta and will be charting as soon as my cycle resumes (which is why I thought I'd try 'catching' my first ovulation with a test instead of temps).

So, yesterday I noticed some ewcm and felt some cramping (which I have had monthly since the baby was born- body preparing, I guess). My cp was, for lack of a better term, halfway high/soft/open.. Today, it seems more so, and I had more ewcm with a touch of pink (never spotted during ovulation- is this gonna be a new thing?).

Also, my first opk 4 days ago was negative but the line was clearly there, lighter the next day, and almost nothing yesterday (negative all three times, but fading everyday). I'm assuming that this doesn't mean anything, but could I have had a surge, missed it, and be heading toward my period?

anyway, tia.. I am very new to opks and I kind of forgot how my body works (I don't think I've ovulated before a ppaf before)..

S

mischievous.gif
#2 of 2 Old 03-19-2009, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It could be your body gearing up for ovulation but not quite there yet. If you are tta, I would either avoid or use condoms whenever your certical mucus looks like it might be fertile. That has worked well for us. But definitely be careful if you really don't want to be preggo again yet as my mom was not, and caught the first egg (no PPAF) and had my sister 12 months after me. When did you get your first PPAF back with your first two? That also may kind of give you an idea if you are close to your first ovulation.

Jill stillheart.gif Chris (7/96), mommy to 3 sweet redheads: jumpers.gif Matthew autismribbon.gif (12/02), Michelle (8/05) and Marissa (1/10). Nursing since 2002.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page