bleeding after sex, help! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-02-2009, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok so here is the deal. Since my periods have returned (7 months ago, 11 months PP) DH and I have been using the withdrawal method (i know i know, but it's the only method that "works" for us). anyway, i am typically a late ovulator. usually around day 16-22. my average cycle is somewhere around 36 days.

SO. On day 16 (worst day EVER because i just *feel* i was ovulating) DH "forgot to pull out for the first time in his life. I did the regular freak out (TMI ALERT) and ran to the bathroom to sit on the toilet and "get everything out" so to speak. This was on the 22nd and I've just been hoping and praying that I'm not pregnant (not that it would be the most horrible thing in the world, I just would not be thrilled)

So today (cd 27) we had sex and afterwards there was blood. I'm not talking gushing but it was WAY more than spotting. This has never happened to me before and I'm wondering if it could be a sign of pregnancy or even something else? please help!

Alia + Brian proud parents to Rowan (9/8/04) Lila (9/3/07) and Rhys (6/11/10)
#2 of 2 Old 04-02-2009, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sometimes bleeding after sex can be due to an infection or changes in the cervix. I had bleeding that started after sex but then it continued through out the whole month. I had stopped nursing, so it could have been from that. My Dr. never found a direct cause. I just regulated after a month. However, you could also be pregnant. Pregnant women bleed after sex too. I would take notes of when you notice the bleeding, and what color it is. That can help determin if it's new or old blood. And then see your Dr. if it continues.

(due Mar. '10), wife to DH , mother to Dino : (born 2/17/07), (9/08), (5/09)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page