Join Date: Dec 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I do take calcium and magnesium, can't remember the dosage and too lazy to go check. I take 2 magenesium capsules at night. My symptoms are much more severe than PMS.....thanks for trying though. I have an appt Fri with our GP.
|Here are the symptoms that make up the diagnosis of PMDD. All of the symptoms do not need to be present, and they may vary from month to month. At least 5 are required to make the diagnosis, including at least one of the first four.*
1. Very depressed mood, feeling hopeless
2. Marked anxiety, tension, edginess
3. Sudden mood shifts (crying easily, extreme sensitivity)
4. Persistent, marked irritability, anger, increased conflicts
5. Loss of interest in usual activities (work, school, socializing, etc.)
6. Difficulty concentrating and staying focused
7. Fatigue, tiredness, loss of energy
8. Marked appetite change, overeating, food cravings
9. Insomnia (difficulty sleeping) or sleeping too much
10. Feeling out of control or overwhelmed
11. Physical symptoms such as weight gain, bloating, breast tenderness or swelling, headache, and muscle or joint aches and pains
Yes Vitex is good. I took vitex for about 2 months, I think they recommend you take it longer but I stopped because I started feeling better. My period got shorter and better using vitex. I took the liquid by Herb Pharm. I got it from Whole Foods, cost about $11 a bottle, the bottle will last a little over 2weeks.
You should research Vitex before taking it. I google and read about this stuff for about a month.
I thought weight gain around the middle was a symptom of low progesterone. Every list of symptoms I have read for low progesterone says weight gain around the middle or unexplained weight gain. I had a LPD about 5 years ago, since I haven't charted since then I don't know if i still do, but I always gain weight around the middle.
Had to update...I am about 2 days from my cycle and am feeling better everyday! Normally at this point I would be b#@chy beyond belief. I have lost a bit of weight in my middle already! I am so hopeful that I won't have a migraine tomorrow and really hoping my period isn't as heavy as it's been. The magnesium I am taking is a powder form that I mix with hot water.
I eat a roughly 90% organic diet and any meat is hormone/steroid free. I am very careful about what we eat. I cannot tell you all how much better I feel and everyday it's a little better. I had been feeling not myself for a long time. My energy is coming back and I feel more 'clear' in my head. I am soooo ! I my dr! Never thought I'd say that!
Hope this will help anyone else going through the same thing. I just can't believe the difference in how I feel. Wow.
|8 members and 8,339 guests|
|alenamiy , Concejoaitana , legitd , NaturallyKait , rhutes , sciencemum , Winny , zebra15|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|