WTH? CD5 and ovulating cramps - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-12-2009, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What is going on with me. I don't chart anymore because I never get a good nights sleep and i usually end up in DS' bed.

Today is day 5 of my cycle, I'm still bleeding but not a lot. TMI-but when I had a BM this morning I noticed CM stretching from me down to the toilet water. It had the consistency of EWCM but was also bloody. Then tonight I'm having right sided ovulation type cramping.

I do ovulate early ever since my cycles came back after DS (usually CD 11 or 12 going by CM and sharp ovulating pains) but this seems really early to be gearing up to O.

Has anyone had this happen?
#2 of 5 Old 11-24-2009, 01:04 PM

I had that exact issue this cycle - CM that was clear/stretchy like EWCM (and blood tinged) on day 6, then what seemed clearly like ovulation pain (all 1 side) on day 7 - then temp. rise on day 9 & 10 (only 2 days, therefore not ling enough to confirm ovulation. I know it wasn't ovulation b/c my cervix was low, hard, closed, and I am coming into the ovulation phase now.

I am new to charting and just figuring this stuff out too...

Strange? What would explain it?
#3 of 5 Old 11-24-2009, 02:12 PM

Its very very possible its not ovulation cramping at all.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#4 of 5 Old 11-24-2009, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I would say
A: Your ovulating early. It is very possible to ovulate this early.
or
B: The cramping is from AF and the EWCM is a remnant of that too. It's very normal to discharge mucus as well during AF.

if your trying to avoid then hold off until your completely dry again.

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#5 of 5 Old 11-24-2009, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

I had forgotten about this post. I'm going to start temping again next cycle so I know what's going on with my body.

The cramping I had when I posted this was pretty mild. I continued to have creamy cm until CD 8 then I had tons of EWCM from CD 8-CD 12. I had very sharp typical ovulating cramps on CD 11 & 12.

Then yesterday (CD 16) I had red then brown spotting. I luckily had my yearly appointment scheduled and my midwife said my cervix looks irritated and it turns out I have an infection. I have a history of cervicitis but it hasn't been a problem for a while.

So the spotting yesterday was likely from that from there's that crazy part of me that's believing it's implantation spotting-even though it's too early for that and DH says he pulled out in time.

A girl can hope though. I need to get back to temping. For all I know I never really ovulated. I just hope it's accurate because my sleeping is not consistant (thank you DS).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page