Lots of spotting, cycle linked, any insight? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-27-2009, 02:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I have been under a ton of stress lately. House selling, buying, moving, parent health things, etc. I'm also randomly nursing. My almost 2 year old nurses sporadically, skip a day, then twice a day, then once a day, then skip a day..... I have had my cycles back since he was 14 months old and he's now 23 months, but I've only had 4 cycles in those 9 months and I think I've only ovulated once. So this cycle I had a normal period flow, but a lot more cramps than normal and I've been spotting and having light flow off and on since. Is this a normal reaction to stress? I thought stress usually just delayed ovulation and made a cycle longer. I just don't know what to make of this and if I should follow up on it or not. Any input is appreciated. Also, I never spot unless it's as my period is ending so this it completely out of my realm of "normal"

Here's the link.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2009, 03:49 PM

It could be due to the nursing (even sporadically if your own body is very sensitive to nursing... some women are, others like me are the opposite and get fertility back despite EBFing to the rules. 6 weeks, both times. it sucks lol)

Or it could be due to other problems... such as a hormonal imbalance...

I would talk to a doctor about it as they would be able to diagnose any hormonal problems and fix them fairly quickly and easily in most cases.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

MaerynPearl, thank you for your reply. I've been nursing for over 4 years consecutively so I doubted it's that. Do you think it could be the change in nursing? He's slowed down and been more sporadic in the last 2 months so I suppose it could be that my hormones are messed up because of that. I'll have my hormones checked.

I was messaged that it looks like a miscarriage. So, I took a test this afternoon (even though it would likely be too late if it is a miscarrige) and got a very faint line. It's faint enough that I don't know if it's a "true" line or not. I'm getting referrals for a doc to check all this so hopefully I'll get something figured out soon.

Thanks so much for your reply!!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.

User Tag List