Short cycles, shoret lutel phase, low temps? Any ideas? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-03-2010, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all.

I typically have short cycles of about 23 or 24 days (shortest ever is 19 and longest is 27). My lutel phase is typically about 10 or 11 days. Is this likely to be a problem for conceving? If so what can help? And which hormones might be unbalanced?

Also I typicaly have quite low tepratures about 36c pre O and 36.5c post O but often under 36c pre O. My thyriod was tested a couple of years ago with no problems. I don't have any other syptoms of low thriod metioned in taking charge of your fertility. I have herd that slight thyroid problems can be missed on tests. Should I be worried?

Thanks for your input.

Silverbird

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#2 of 6 Old 01-03-2010, 04:05 PM

Those temps sound normal to me if you are orally temping. when I changed to vaginally temping mine went from where yours are up to a more normal range.

also, 10/11 day LP is not necessarily short. Most doctors say 10 is fine and MANY many many women get pregnant perfectly fine with a 10 day one.

Short cycles arent a problem and are more of a blessing as long as your LP is decent (and yours is) because you get more tries per year than the rest of us.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 6 Old 01-05-2010, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for replying. It's so hard to know what may be a problem and what wont. Due to my husbands fetility issues it's really important to take as few cycles as possible. Good luck with your baby making!

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#4 of 6 Old 01-05-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post
Thanks for replying. It's so hard to know what may be a problem and what wont. Due to my husbands fetility issues it's really important to take as few cycles as possible. Good luck with your baby making!
Thanks ^_^ luckily I graduated from TTC to the DDCs

have you considered doing vaginally temping?

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#5 of 6 Old 01-05-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post
Also I typicaly have quite low tepratures about 36c pre O and 36.5c post O but often under 36c pre O. My thyriod was tested a couple of years ago with no problems.
I am not sure with the rest of the post, or if you should be worried. I have no idea, but did want to let you know my temps are also always low. I test for thyroid with other yearly blood work and it is always fine, with everything else.
I am also always cold, colder than normal with those around me. When I started NFP taking temp orally it was interesting to see my temps are always on the low end.
Good luck to you. Hope you get some answers that are more helpful.

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

#6 of 6 Old 01-07-2010, 02:46 PM

I am always freezing cold too! I am sick of being so cold! Plus, I literally have almost every symptom of hypothyroidism. I've been tested at a regular family practice doctor before and the test came back normal. But I have read that the numbers that most doctors use for thyroid testing aren't low enough.....so I've read and heard of a lot of people getting tested over and over and over before they were finally diagnosed.

Now I am thinking I have yet another symptom of hypothyroidism to add to the list......infertility perhaps? We've been trying for 7 cycles now and nothing. This is my first month charting though, and I ovulated right on time, had the temp spike and everything but 2 days later my temp took a dive back below the baseline. I know it's not supposed to do that in the luteal phase, so I briefly looked it up and noticed that it could be something to do with progesterone or thyroid problems (go figure). Does anyone have any knowledge on this subject?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page