Getting pregnant right after AF? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-12-2010, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I swear that that when I got pregnant with my youngest, now almost 2, we DTD the day after I stopped bleeding, which was probably like day 7 or 8..I said "I think it's a pretty safe time to be un-careful" little did i know! i'm on that same day now (day 1 was the 5th) and we DTD this morning very early not using any protection (of any kind including PO..wow, was i surprised!) and i'm thinking it was pretty safe except for knowing this fact about dd.
i had no fertile mucous at the moment of DTD, now i can't tell because he never doesn't pull out IYKWIM (since that day he got me knocked up that way) so...

eta: i don't temp.. i still nurse my baby a lot at night. my cycles are fairly regular, but this past month i was about a week late to get af.

just wondering if this is a common occurrence?

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 01-12-2010, 02:03 PM

As you already now, it's certainly possible. Nothing to do but wait i guess. And FWIW i reckon if YOU know it's possible, so does he, have you guys discussed TTC? Because doing exactly what he did the last time you get pregnant seems a funny way to express a desire to not have another baby
#3 of 7 Old 01-12-2010, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBecGo View Post
As you already now, it's certainly possible. Nothing to do but wait i guess. And FWIW i reckon if YOU know it's possible, so does he, have you guys discussed TTC? Because doing exactly what he did the last time you get pregnant seems a funny way to express a desire to not have another baby
that's what im thinking or he was just trying to tease me.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#4 of 7 Old 01-16-2010, 08:50 PM

You said you've had regular cycles but didn't say how long they were. If they're 28+ days and you had no fertile CF I would say your chances are pretty slim of an oops. Of course nursing does make hormones a little wacky ... which can make you ovulate earlier or later than usual in a cycle.

However, as PP said, now would probably be a good time to talk about where you both stand on TTC.

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
#5 of 7 Old 01-16-2010, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

they are fairly regular..my last cycle was 35 days or so though which is longer than usual. i was expecting af on the 28th or so and she came on the 5th. my littlest one is nursing more at night these days, which could be screwing up my cycles for sure. i think i ovulate early, if i can take a wild guess.. i really need to start temping.
thanks for your thoughts, and we have been talking, or at least i have. he is still in the no, but worried camp.

Quote:

#6 of 7 Old 01-17-2010, 03:10 AM

Some sperm can live up to seven days so if you had sex on cd 8 and ovulated around the average cd14, it's very possible that there were still a few "lurkers" out there waiting when you ovulated.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#7 of 7 Old 01-17-2010, 11:07 AM

Like Rochelle said, sometimes sperm can live a long time, especially if the fellow has a really good diet. But if there is no fertile fluid and it's just after AF, there's a good chance your body will be pretty hostile to sperm.

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page