Never charted... where to start - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-19-2010, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So DH and I will not be trying to conceive until late 2010 or early 2011 but I want to start charting so when we do begin I will know my body. I would like to dtd before ovulation when we try because I have heard this increases your chances of having a girl. With all my boys we dtd on O day and the day after. So how do I go about charting. I just used a calendar with the boys that told me when I should O but now I cannot even remember where I saw that?? So do you do temps or what?? Any help would be appreciated!

Working Mom to 3 boys (6,5 & 3)
trying for baby #4 late 2010 and early 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-19-2010, 03:16 AM

Definately check our fertilityfriend. I found the easiest thing for me was to start with temping. It's totally noninvasive, and there's not as much interpretation. Then I slowly added in checking cervical fluid too. I still don't check cervical position because I never feel like I'm able to tell the difference.

Reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility, was very helpful. They should have it at your library, or on Amazon for cheap.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#3 of 5 Old 01-19-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
Definately check our fertilityfriend. I found the easiest thing for me was to start with temping. It's totally noninvasive, and there's not as much interpretation. Then I slowly added in checking cervical fluid too. I still don't check cervical position because I never feel like I'm able to tell the difference.

Reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility, was very helpful. They should have it at your library, or on Amazon for cheap.

The FF charting course was REALLY informative. They send you one lesson a day via email, with an optional quiz at the end.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

#4 of 5 Old 01-20-2010, 02:58 PM

Taking Charge of Your Fertility is an awesome book. I've had my copy for years, loaned it out when girlfriends were TTC, and referred back to it when trying to figure out my postpartum cycles. It's definitely worth buying!
#5 of 5 Old 01-20-2010, 06:26 PM

The Art of Natural Family Planning

You also need a reliable thermometer. Good luck to you.

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page