HELP...baby bug bites - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-29-2010, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so my dh has had the baby bug for awhile and sometimes i feel like ti but most of the time I know it is not a good time. I don't think we can afford it and now the bug bites. Maybe b/c there are lots of ppl around me who are having babies and pregnant or b/c my baby is about to turn 2.

How to ward off the bug longer...any ideas?

Allyn birthmom to S 3/12/03, placed in open adoption 4/06, married to W 6/22/07, mama to H 2/5/08, mama to M 8/26/12.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 02-09-2010, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
This might be a horrible idea but I have to wait until august before I TTC (august is our wedding) and while waiting I am reading every book I can find about pregnancy and childbirth and raising children so that when the time comes I will have all the info!

Sometimes I find that this does the opposite of warding off the baby bug by making me want it even more, but on the other hand sometimes I am thankful that I have so much time to prepare!

Let's hope it doesn't take too long to conceive when the time comes though, otherwise I might be over-prepared!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#3 of 5 Old 02-19-2010, 12:28 AM

I'm definetly in the same boat. We are having huge money issues right now, but I want another baby SOOOO bad! I agree maybe trying reading up on things to kind of curb your urge for a little while. But you can't really wait until you can afford a child because then you will never have another one!

hippie.gifmom to DS 9/8/8 sleepytime.gif, married to my best friend since 10/15/05 love.gif, asl.gif,lactivist.gif, After TTC #2 for a really long time we're expecting #2 in December!  Hope to h20homebirth.gif, Doula in the Indianapolis area, PM me if you want to talk!

#4 of 5 Old 03-18-2010, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter

cocobean
you are so right and I have heard that so many times though it doesn't make it easier. There has got to be a way to have a healthy birth and baby without insurance, huge costs, or using medicaid...just have to find them.

Allyn birthmom to S 3/12/03, placed in open adoption 4/06, married to W 6/22/07, mama to H 2/5/08, mama to M 8/26/12.
#5 of 5 Old 03-26-2010, 11:44 AM

I had to chime in and say that I have the baby-bite bug, too : ) My babe is only 10 months old, but I SO want another baby. Hubby is all for it, too, but the bf thing is putting the brakes on my fertility. Guess I will have to be a little more patient since I am not willing to wean her yet . . . But I sure would love to be pg by fall!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page