opinions about my chart, LP defect? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-31-2010, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So...I had a 10 day LP my first cycle charting. I know that is short-ish so I decided to be proactive and go ahead and start B-6. Well, this cycle it was 9 days

We aren't TTC right now, we're still TTA due to a bunch of things, but I think we want to TTC fairly soon (within 6 months and probably less)...

What do I do about this? If I show it to my OB, do you think he'll do the progesterone supplementation with me when we start TTC? What about the natural supplementation? Does it work? Could I take it now just to see if it actually lengthens my LP?

Thanks for any insight!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1501dc

dissertating wife of Boo, mama of one "mookie" lovin' 2 year old girl! intactlact:: CTA until 7/10 FF 1501dc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 02-01-2010, 01:54 AM

So you just started charting right? Maybe this 9 day LP was a fluke? I would just keep charting, and if you want to do the B6 you could, but just see what happens. If you're really not TTC for a few more months, just see what the next month brings. If the next month is a short LP again, you could try some other herbs as well.

Right now I am taking red clover, drinking red raspberry leaf tea, chaste tree (vitex), evening primrose oil, folic acid, and nettles. You could try one or two of those if you thought it might help?

Good luck!!!!!!

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

#3 of 10 Old 02-01-2010, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtara2003x View Post
So you just started charting right? Maybe this 9 day LP was a fluke? I would just keep charting, and if you want to do the B6 you could, but just see what happens. If you're really not TTC for a few more months, just see what the next month brings. If the next month is a short LP again, you could try some other herbs as well.

Right now I am taking red clover, drinking red raspberry leaf tea, chaste tree (vitex), evening primrose oil, folic acid, and nettles. You could try one or two of those if you thought it might help?

Good luck!!!!!!
Yeah, I just started charting (charted when we TTC DD but that was only one cycle). Thing is, I know my LP is in the 10 day range...because I generally know when I'm O'ing, even without temping, and my LP (at least since DD was born) has never been 14 days or anything. It's always 10, maybe 11ish. So def. on the short side. You're right, though, that the 9 days could be a fluke.

Are you taking those to lengthen LP? Are they working?

dissertating wife of Boo, mama of one "mookie" lovin' 2 year old girl! intactlact:: CTA until 7/10 FF 1501dc
#4 of 10 Old 02-01-2010, 03:15 PM

Hey you! Did you say you were taking B6? That has definitely been shown to work, but I think it sometimes takes a few months. I have not heard good things about the natural progesterone supplementation (the cream you can get from Whole Foods or whatever)...apparently it really doesn't get absorbed to any appreciable extent.

Also, is there any possibility you ovulated on day 21 and had a fallback rise? I don't know, I think I would chart one more month and see what your cycle does. It may still be messed up because of the M/C. If you have another short LP, it can't hurt to bring it to your doc and see what s/he is willing to do.

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
#5 of 10 Old 02-01-2010, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoraFlood View Post
Hey you! Did you say you were taking B6? That has definitely been shown to work, but I think it sometimes takes a few months. I have not heard good things about the natural progesterone supplementation (the cream you can get from Whole Foods or whatever)...apparently it really doesn't get absorbed to any appreciable extent.

Also, is there any possibility you ovulated on day 21 and had a fallback rise? I don't know, I think I would chart one more month and see what your cycle does. It may still be messed up because of the M/C. If you have another short LP, it can't hurt to bring it to your doc and see what s/he is willing to do.
Hey!

I didn't know B-6 could take time to have any effect; that's good to know. I will keep taking it and see.

Funny you mention that about O'ing on CD 21; totally possible. In fact, FF initially gave me cross hairs on that day, then took them away. I guess if I O'd on CD 21, then my LP was 11 days. Do you think my chart looks like it plausibly could've been CD 21?

#6 of 10 Old 02-01-2010, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Are you breastfeeding? With me, I had really short LPs like I want to say 7-8 days usually, and I took b6 (in a b-complex...like 75 mg/day), vitex, rasberry leaf tea, and vitamin c and got pregnant pretty easily. they all take time to work, so I'd start on them right away. good luck!
#7 of 10 Old 02-01-2010, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post
Are you breastfeeding? With me, I had really short LPs like I want to say 7-8 days usually, and I took b6 (in a b-complex...like 75 mg/day), vitex, rasberry leaf tea, and vitamin c and got pregnant pretty easily. they all take time to work, so I'd start on them right away. good luck!
Yes, I am still nursing my nearly 3 year old. She nurses morning, bedtime, and maybe one other time per day.

#8 of 10 Old 02-01-2010, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobedone View Post
Yes, I am still nursing my nearly 3 year old. She nurses morning, bedtime, and maybe one other time per day.
You may want to check on those supplements then...not sure if they are okay or not with breastfeeding in those doses.
#9 of 10 Old 02-01-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobedone View Post
This describes my situation exactly. For me, the B6 (125mg/day) helped a little (got me from 9ish days to 10-11 days LP). B6 interferes with prolactin and may cause your milk supply to dip a bit, but since prolactin interferes with progesterone receptors, suppressing prolactin a little bit can help your progesterone do what it is supposed to do.

I charted 5-6 cycles with around a 10 day LP each cycle and ultimately showed them to my midwife, who sent me for a 7dpo progesterone check. Now, of course, I didn't manage to get the bloodwork done that day but ended up with a BFP anyhow (later m/c'ed), but my provider looked at my charts and immediately put me on progesterone (prometrium vaginally) because in her words "it can't hurt and it can really help if it's needed". So if you have a care provider who is at least open to looking at charts, you could certainly take them to her...but maybe give yourself a few more cycles with more B6 and see what happens?

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
#10 of 10 Old 02-01-2010, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! You guys have helped me a lot. I think I'm going to keep charting, taking the B-6, and will talk to my OB next week at my annual exam. I can at least feel him out about possibly doing progesterone (or further testing)...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page