Period/AF problems... Any insight? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-11-2010, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all, I've been MIA for awhile, it should be interesting to see my sig before I edit it LOL. I gave birth 4 years ago and have been TTC for 2 years. We had a difficult time getting pg so this is no surprise, but the constant problems are worrying me.

WARNING: TMI below; sorry.

My cycles have been getting shorter and shorter and I bleed for a pretty long time - on Tuesday morning I awoke to my "period" which was bright red and dripping, so I used a tampon. Later the tampon showed only brown and the pads I've used since have been spotted with brown, sometimes very sticky and gooey. So I think I am now on cd 22, but spotting. My last period started (bright red) on 1/20 but had 7 days of spotting before it finally started. My periods, once started with bright red/full flow, generally last 4-5 days. So that's 12 days of spotting/bleeding/spotting! The cycle before that lasted 25 days but 5 days of spotting preceded it. The cycle before was 23 days long. I have been having these issues with my periods for almost 2 years. I believe I have some kind of vaginal polyp/fluid pocket/inclusion cyst OR perhaps a growth between the vagina and the rectum - http://catalog.nucleusinc.com/genera...hp?ID=5524&A=2 which was NOT there before I gave birth. I have also had moderate urine leakage and have been told I have a rectocele. I do not believe, like the doctors do, that the rectocele is what I feel in the vagina. I believe it has bled during sex and during the wrong time of my cycle and the bleeding was not from the uterus because it was sometimes a lot of fluid/pink.

I was at the GYN just the other day. My ovaries and uterus feel normal. I am having a vaginal ultrasound tomorrow afternoon to check for polyps. I hate going to the GYN/ultrasound if I'm bleeding everywhere but I never know when it's coming.

I have been doing OPKs for about 3 months. I don't seem to be getting a real positive result. It gets "almost" positive and then is completely negative the next day. I have read that this may mean I am not releasing any eggs OR they are immature eggs. Immature eggs have been a problem for me during IVF (2002-2003).

I am only 32 and have a healthy body fat % of 21-22, not too little, and work out but only about 4-5 hours a week, max. I am hypothyroid (found out/medicated since October 2009) and the levels are normal now (TSH is under 1). They also did a fancy test (AMH) to check my ovarian reserve and it says I may have a lowered ovarian reserve.

What kind of questions should I be asking? Does getting a D&C or endometrial ablation mean I will not be able to conceive? I can't really afford specialty healthcare such as herbalists, TCM, osteopathy, chiropractic, or acupuncture. I will be asking the GYN after she goes over the ultrasound results about clomid and progesterone supplements - my dh is giving us another ~5 years to get pregnant and then he is getting a vascetomy (at 40). I just don't think I can take another 5 years of this - I'd almost rather decide now, but then I think of another sweet baby

We eat really well, IMO, lots of organic, no high-fructose corn syrup, protein, fish, ground turkey, etc.

Thanks for reading my novel!

DS - 5! - adopted at birth after infertility, IUI, and IVF; DD - 4! - surprise pregnancy discovered when DS was 8 months old ; Hoping for another soon (actively TTC ~ 2 years)

User Tag List