Introduction and a question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-15-2010, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, all. I have been a lurker on these boards for some time, and have been inspired in many ways by the things I have read. The sense of community is awesome, and the support I see given is amazing.

We have been TTC for 14 months now, and I only recently began charting. I am 18 days past ovulation, and my luteal phase seems to last only 16 days. I POAS 14 days past ovulation and today, 18 days past ovulation. Both tests were negative, and my temperature is still high. I guess my question is, is it possible to have a negative HPT result 18 days past ovulation and still be pregnant? Or have I just stressed myself out and my period is late due to that?

Thanks so much.

Kinza

A and M, June 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 02-16-2010, 06:46 PM

Hi Kinza, and welcome!

The first question I would ask is how confident are you that your O date is when you think it is? Do you have a chart you can share? It's *possible* (but not probable) to have a negative HPT 18 days after O and still be pregnant, but it is much more likely that your O date is later than you thought and you are actually not 18 days post-ovulation. Stress can certainly delay ovluation, but your luteal phase generally stays consistent from month to month unless you're experiencing hormonal changes (especially related to breastfeeding/weaning).

Good luck!

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
#3 of 3 Old 02-17-2010, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for responding. AF appears to have arrived, so false alarm. Better luck next month!

A and M, June 2012

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page