Nausea = Progesterone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-16-2010, 04:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,

Ever since we have been TTC I've noticed that I've been getting nausea almost every month very soon after I ovulate (it's tricked me into thinking I was pregnant several times, believe me!).

Is this because of progesterone? Does that mean I have a lot of progesterone or am really sensitive to it or something?

Just wondering if it's in the range of normal or if I should get it checked out. It's not like throwing up nausea, just enough to be noticeable.

TIA!
#2 of 6 Old 02-16-2010, 01:47 PM

I sometimes have this too and have been tricked before as well... i'm curious to know as well... I"ll be listening : )
#3 of 6 Old 02-16-2010, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

I meant to post this in TTC, hopefully people will still see it here!
#4 of 6 Old 02-20-2010, 11:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I get that as well and have never been able to figure it out. For me I feel there's a relation to painful nursing as well (pain after birth when hormones are wonky, pain around O).

Laurie, wife to guitar.gifDH (Aug/04), mom tobikenew.gifDS1 (Nov/05) and bfinfant.gifDS2 (June/12).

#5 of 6 Old 02-20-2010, 11:56 PM

yes, as a matter of fact when you are pregnant... the majority of the women who experience nausea (aka morning sickness) it is due to their progesterone levels. (Oddly, for most it goes away the higher the levels get, I haven't found any studies into why that is exactly)

So perhaps you are either making a LOT of progesterone in your LP (not a bad thing at all!) or you are sensitive to the lower levels of it... which hopefully means when you do get pregnant the morning sickness will go away sooner.

This time around I started feeling it at 5dpo and got all of my signs of implantation on 6dpo... then got my bfp about a week later... so I think my body is sensitive to even the slightest bit more progesterone than I normally make in the LP. (ETA - to finish my story... Ill be only 11 weeks on tuesday and I already feel much better! I had several weeks of not feeling great, a couple weeks of feeling outright bad and then about a week and half of what I would consider severe... almost enough to be put on meds again. then over the past week its really let up)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#6 of 6 Old 02-22-2010, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks MP!

Thanks everyone!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page