Kinda concerned over here... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-27-2010, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Greetings All~
I just had a baby December 9th, got mt period on December 30th and then again on January 22nd. Had my post-partum check up on the 29th of January. Was spotting on the 7th of February, and was expecting my period on the 18th. It came on the 18th and I bled, very lightly for like 6 days... but it wasn't like my "regular periods." I freaked out a little and took a pregnancy test... it said negative... but I am still concerned. So I took 3 more tests over the last 2 days (last one this morning). They all said negative in the allotted time... but of course I didn't "follow directions": I keep going back and looking and on two of them I see what could *possibly* be the faintest hint o a second line... or evaporation marks.

What do u think? I would think if I was pregnant it would surely show a definite positive second line... ughh, I am freaking... I have an 8 year old, 5 year old, 18 month old and 2 month old!!!
#2 of 4 Old 03-01-2010, 02:02 AM

Hope you get the results you're looking for. Good luck, I couldn't not respond.
#3 of 4 Old 03-01-2010, 10:31 AM

They are probably evanporation lines. Take another test in 2 days and if you are pregnant it should show up more by then. I know it's hard not to look after the time limit but the results are accurate, you just end up torturing yourself (I know this first hand).

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#4 of 4 Old 03-02-2010, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

...This makes 7 in total (I know, but I'm like: I HAVE to know!) They all said negative... the last of which I took yesterday. I still didn't throw it out right away... but everytime I checked back it still had just one line... no evaporation lines either... I'm going to leave it alone and just keep my eye out for my period on the 17th when it's due. I still believe that my exclusive breastfeeding could be affecting the consistency of my cycle.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page