Light Period then BFP? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-16-2010, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone actually found out they were pregnant after having a light period? Just got over a period that was 3 days of very light brown spotting, 2 days of mild flow, and am now experiencing pregnancy symptoms...And yes, I'll POAS tomorrow morning!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-17-2010, 06:54 PM

my mom said she got her period for three months when she was pregnant with my sister. She took a few HPT'S and they were all BFN'S! She kept telling the doctor she was pregnant but they didn't believe her. So what was the result this morning?

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#3 of 5 Old 04-18-2010, 04:31 AM

i hear that from folks all the time, i think its pretty common

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#4 of 5 Old 04-18-2010, 07:12 PM

Ive seen it happen many times, recently mama~love (she is currently posting in the december DDC) had it happen that she had what seemed like a totally normal period and still got a bfp a few days later.

That said, a light period isnt reason to believe you are pregnant... go ahead and test, it will ease your mind, but we do randomly get light periods now and then even when we usually have heavy ones. The majority of the women I find who get a positive after a period had what seemed like totally normal periods.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#5 of 5 Old 04-20-2010, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

BFN this time... The timing wouldn't have been the best anyway (DH graduating next year), but I was so bummed. Feeling ok now though. And maybe I'll switch over to lighter periods now!

Thanks for all of your responses. :-)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page