If you've had an IUD removed... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 05-09-2010, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
when did your AF come back?

I had mirena and I got it removed almost 2 months ago. I had some bleeding for a few days after it was removed, but nothing since then. Where is my cycle?!

Single Mama to Vincent 3/30/09
#2 of 14 Old 05-09-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamiPolizzi View Post
when did your AF come back?

I had mirena and I got it removed almost 2 months ago. I had some bleeding for a few days after it was removed, but nothing since then. Where is my cycle?!
have you taken a pregnancy test?

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 14 Old 05-10-2010, 01:12 AM

hi.

#4 of 14 Old 05-10-2010, 07:49 AM

I had my mirena removed at the end of May last year, 2 weeks before AF was due (i still had a few days of light spotting when AF would have been there with the MIrena). On the day of removal i had some light staining.

When AF was due i had a few days of light spotting AND EWCM, which was confusing to say the least!

4 weeks later i got a very faint BFP, the next day i got a very heavy but very short AF with bad cramping. I consider this a chemical pregnancy.

4 weeks after that loss i got a weak but definite BFP. At 5.5wks i had some brownish spotting. At 7weeks i lost that pregnancy.

5weeks after passing the little placenta (3 days after bleeding began during the loss) i got a strong BFP. I'm 37wks pregnant tomorrow.

If i were you i'd do a test.
#5 of 14 Old 05-11-2010, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

I suppose I could take a test, but it's VERY unlikely that I'm pregnant. Now I'm kind of thinking maybe this is just because I'm breastfeeding. I never had my first PPAF but I just sort of figured after the IUD I would have a normal cycle. I guess that was a silly assumption to make.

#6 of 14 Old 05-11-2010, 02:18 PM

hi

#7 of 14 Old 05-12-2010, 03:39 PM

I had my Mirena removed Jan 14th, and have only had 2 periods since then. Both of those cycles were close to 50 days, and I'm still going on cycle #3 (day26). I'm still breastfeeding dd, but only 2-3 times a day.

Jenni Wife to Jason and Mommy to Enza 9/08 energy.gifand Grayson 1/11 h20homebirth.gif   novaxnocirc.gif lactivist.gif

#8 of 14 Old 05-12-2010, 03:43 PM

Hmm, mine came back right away, right on time. But I had regular periods the whole time I had the mirena in, which I've heard is weird.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#9 of 14 Old 05-12-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Hmm, mine came back right away, right on time. But I had regular periods the whole time I had the mirena in, which I've heard is weird.
That is different than my experience. I didn't have a period the entire time I had the Mirena from 8wks pp to 15 mo pp. Although there is no way to know what of that may have been attributed to breastfeeding. When I had mine removed, my mw said that since I hadn't had a period with it, it may take a few cycles for my lining to really build up well again.

Jenni Wife to Jason and Mommy to Enza 9/08 energy.gifand Grayson 1/11 h20homebirth.gif   novaxnocirc.gif lactivist.gif

#10 of 14 Old 05-12-2010, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

That makes sense. I didn't have real periods with it. Just random spotting every now and then.

#11 of 14 Old 05-14-2010, 01:57 AM

I had mine removed and af showed up 3 days later I had the paraguard though!

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#12 of 14 Old 05-17-2010, 10:56 AM

I also had the Paragard, and it did seem to change my cycle a little when I had it removed, but I did still get AF that cycle, just a few days later than I expected. I'm actually kind of wondering what this next cycle will be like, since I had 26-27 day cycles with the IUD and had a shorter luteal phase. This last month I had a 30 day cycle with a 14 day luteal phase. So now I'm not even sure what my normal is.
#13 of 14 Old 06-01-2010, 03:20 PM

I had airena for 2 years after DS was born. I removed it myself mid-April 2009. IIRC, I had a regular, though light, af in May. I also weaned my son in mid-May. I had a BFP my July-Aug cycle, although that embryo stopped developing at 7w3d.

I always had af with Mirena(after my first pp af, anyway)
, though it was always very light.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#14 of 14 Old 06-02-2010, 07:58 PM

I had Mirena for five years and never had a period with it. I had it taken out and had a period within the first month and have been pretty regular since then (it has been a year since I had it removed), ranging from 28-31 days. The only thing I have noticed is my periods aren't as heavy as they were prior to having the Mirena.

Wife to DH, Mom to DD (5/14/04) and our IVF miracle DS (10/12/12)!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page