Can you tell me about your strange periods?(TMI) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-14-2010, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks.

Isntead of bright heavy flow I'm getting (sorry for the detail) clumpy brown chunks. My liner is almost clean. I don't even need a pad (I always need one for the first 2-3 days).

Hum?
Has your body ever played this kind of tricks on you? The clumps kind a scary looking.

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#2 of 5 Old 05-17-2010, 11:30 AM

That was my last period. I was just coming off of my birth control, finishing my last pack of pills. My period usually lasts 8 days. This only lasted 4 and although I was barely bleeding, i had horrible cramps. Everything seemed to be there when I wiped, and not even getting to the pad. It was very weird. That was April 10th-14th. I have not had a period since. I expected this coming off the pill though. I know im not giving you much help. I tested to be sure 1 week later, and it wsa negative. So now I just wait for AF to come again.

working full time waiting for him to propose
#3 of 5 Old 05-17-2010, 11:59 AM

Never had anything like that, but I have had two periods basically back to back in one month that freaked me out. I felt so drained and just yucky. I think anything that we have that is out of the ordinary should be discussed with an OB or MW - just to be safe.

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend
#4 of 5 Old 05-19-2010, 06:50 PM

Oriole- I could have written this myself. The only difference is I have been having AF every 16-19 days since 7 weeks PP, and it is here from 5-10 days. I talked to my RE and he says the cause is because I am breastfeeding. He thinks that once I stop BF all should retuen to normal.

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

#5 of 5 Old 06-02-2010, 06:29 PM

My periods are a bit like that when I have an anovulatory cycle - which is generally 14-21 days long and they alternate with an ovulatory cycle which is 28 days +. I think it is brown (at least for me anyway) because without a proper surge from ovulation then support from progesterone the lining gets - er- old.
I have PCOS and low estrogen. Breastfeeding would make sense as another cause.

Oh, and when I came off Yaz (only lasted a month on it) EW my period was clumpy and sheety, freaked me right out. Apparently caused by high progesterone levels.

HTH

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page