Not ovulating....now what? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-14-2010, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am about 90% sure that I am not ovulating. I'm having regular periods 30 day cycles but it seems as if my body is trying to ovulate but not yet. I have not been temping but my ewcm comes and goes. I should say that when I got pg with dd I did not have any noticable ewcm and managed to concieve through temping and just having a very consistant cycle. However since having dd and getting af back I have been getting patches of ewcm.

Dd is 19 months and still nurses in the night (I don't know how much, but not a ton) but she only nurses when she wakes up, down for nap and down for bed with maybe 1 or 2 extra sessions sometimes during the day.

So I'm not ovulating....now what? Do I really have to wait? Wean? Anything I can do? I really would love to have another lo.

Thanks

Tricia
Canadian Mama to E 2yrs
Someone new coming October!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-14-2010, 03:08 AM

I'd start charting temperatures and recording cervical mucous daily. That will tell you with a very high precision if you are ovulating or not and could highlight other problems as well. (Sometimes breastfeeding women have short luteal phases that balance out on their own over a few months.) It will also give you a cycle history which could be helpful later.

Breastfeeding tends to make cycles fluctuate for a while but eventually they tend to even out.

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
#3 of 3 Old 06-16-2010, 10:09 AM

I agree, I would definitely temp and chart, too. Just to see where you are at and have a base to go off of.

Christie, DP to Kevin, mama to DD Morgen (12/07) & DSS Matthew (7/03)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page