BFP, Small drop in Hcg, help still hope? 6/22 *UPDATE* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-19-2010, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
6/22 UPDATE on LAST POST!

Hi ladies ! I'm new to this board and hoping you ladies can help. I'm desperate for some hope.
I'm a 26 year old healthy mama of a 2 1/2 year old girl. My husband and I have been trying for #2 for almost 6 months (we do charting with FF, opks, CM the whole bit). I had a chemical pregnancy last month and got pregnant this month. I'm pretty sure I'm about 5 1/2 weeks along. I have had 3 Hcg Beta's:
6/10: 508
6/16: 4557
6/18 4492
Its sooo close! It only dropped 65. I've had no cramping, spotting or bleeding. I'm having an ultrasound and bloodwork again on Monday (seems so far away ). I KNOW they are SUPPOSED to double but could there be any other reason why they have pretty much stayed the same? Possible Ectopic, I've heard...Vanishing twin? I'm just wondering if anyone else out there has experienced a similar thing and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy?

~*Christine*~ Yoga Teaching, Soul Searching, , Nature loving, AP'in, co-sleepin', cloth on tha bum and breast milk in the tum, loving my amazing Daniel and Sophia (my water birth baby) !
#2 of 6 Old 06-20-2010, 07:53 PM

I had one chemical pregnancy that I saw with charting. When I did get pregnant I went to a freestanding birth center and have no idea what my hcg levels were because they didn't do the tests so I don't have any personal experience.

However, I do remember reading that only around 85% of normal, healthy pregnancies have hcg double every couple of days. That means it isn't set it stone that it has to happen. I'd try to relax and not let the numbers worry you too much (easier said than done, I know!)

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
#3 of 6 Old 06-20-2010, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your response : I did hear the same things...actually I also heard that as you get higher up in numbers, they take longer to double...I'm just worried that mine didn't go up at all. Hoping for a lab error, a vanashing twin or a miracle.

~*Christine*~ Yoga Teaching, Soul Searching, , Nature loving, AP'in, co-sleepin', cloth on tha bum and breast milk in the tum, loving my amazing Daniel and Sophia (my water birth baby) !
#4 of 6 Old 06-21-2010, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

I just wanted to post and update everyone on this situation. I went to the Dr. today to get my beta's done again and low and behold..... There was a lab error from Friday!!! I couldn't beleive it! They also found a sac and a yolk in the ultrasound!! No heartbeat yet as I'm only 5 weeks 5 days along. But, I am so happy to report that the beta from friday was actually 7141...which means it jumped from 4557 to 7141 (not from 4557 to 4492 like we originaly thought) in 48 hours! I'm still waiting to hear what the results are from today's draw but this just proves there is such a thing as a lab error! I'm so happy.Now hopefully there is a baby in that sac!! I'll keep ya'll posted!

#5 of 6 Old 06-21-2010, 09:04 PM

Oh, I am so so glad to hear this!!

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#6 of 6 Old 06-22-2010, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Got my results back from Monday's beta draw:
6/10: 508
6/16: 4557
6/18: 7141
6/21: 18,473

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page