Anyone Else w/These Weird O Symptoms? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-19-2010, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
About 80% (9 out of 11) of the time, on my projected O date (I chart [pen and paper... I know, dark ages] BBT, track CM and CP, as well as other symptoms), I end up with this weird sickness:
Between 8pm and 3am, I get horribly nauseous, end up having at least one or two episodes of diarrhea, then throw up several times. Once it's all done (the nausea, vomiting and diarrhea that lasts no more than 3 hours), I'm FINE - no fever, no nausea, no diarrhea, no upset/sour/sensitive stomach.
This hasn't happened before (although I was probably anovulatory until after starting acupuncture/herbs), and the last time it happened, my western doc drew a progesterone 7dpo, and it was 0.3 - meaning no ovulation (or perhaps I did O, but just didn't make enough progesterone?).
When I asked the western doc about it, she said it was perfectly normal, and did I want clomid (I'm ready to try someone else... she just doesn't listen!). I really don't believe her - it just doesn't sound reasonable for women to get that sick just to ovulate.

Similar stories? Solutions? Questions? Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Rainy
#2 of 2 Old 06-20-2010, 07:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't have the problems to the extent that you described but for the past two months I've had diarrhea a couple of days before ovulation which is highly unusual for me. It lasted for just a few hours, like yours, then went away completely. I didn't make the connection until it happened the second time. I also got severe water retention at the same time. Now that I'm in the second half of my cycle I'm dealing with constipation. I still some water retention but it doesn't seem to be as bad (I lost 3 lbs of water weight shortly after O!) I'm not used to my hormones affecting me so much!

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page