Another new mom in the house...messing with my cycles? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-23-2010, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is just out of curiosity, I'm not worried or anything.

My little sis just had her baby. I am pretty sure I was having "sympathy" symptoms of pregnancy at time. She had her baby, and I was there for the delivery and spent a night at the hospital as well. Now she's home, and there's a newborn squalling (making me instinctively want to hitch up my shirt and feed him, but he's not mine and I have no milk anyway )

I noticed some spotting yesterday and today. Pretty minimal but I *never* have spotting between periods. Seriously, never.

Is it possible that her cloud of hormones has made my hormones a little wonkier than usual?
#2 of 4 Old 07-04-2010, 11:59 AM

If your really "intune" with your energy and your sisters....quite possibly your body could be reacting to her hormones. I truely believe this can happen. Ina May Gaskins talks about this in her books.

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#3 of 4 Old 07-04-2010, 01:07 PM

yes... but also the stress you are obviously going through dealing with the changes could also cause mid-cycle spotting.

(even if you are excited, excitement is a form of stress!)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#4 of 4 Old 07-10-2010, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

True, it could be stress. Definitely high stress and crazy around here (in a good way).

Af came a full week earlier than expected. Which is good because dh returns next week and I am so glad I'm not going to be cranky and in pain the first week we've seen him all year.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page