Mothering Forum banner

Question

652 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Primrose83 
#1 ·
Anyone ever have a pos pregnancy test one day and then not the day after .....did you turn out to be pregnant or not?

#2 ·
There are a lot of things that can cause this -

first of all, if the first test was wrong (such as how blue dye tests have been giving false positives lately) but unless it was a blue dye test this is not all that likely

second of all, if the first test was more sensitive (such as testing with a first response early result and then a first response rapid result the next day which is nowhere near as sensitive... though even the same brand from the same box can be two sensitivities)

third of all, if you were more hydrated the second time around it can dilute the amount of hcg in the pee

fourth of all, while actually least likely, is chemical pregnancy, you caught it and lost it that quickly. The other three scenarios are MUCH more likely than this one.

#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
There are a lot of things that can cause this -

first of all, if the first test was wrong (such as how blue dye tests have been giving false positives lately) but unless it was a blue dye test this is not all that likely

second of all, if the first test was more sensitive (such as testing with a first response early result and then a first response rapid result the next day which is nowhere near as sensitive... though even the same brand from the same box can be two sensitivities)

third of all, if you were more hydrated the second time around it can dilute the amount of hcg in the pee

fourth of all, while actually least likely, is chemical pregnancy, you caught it and lost it that quickly. The other three scenarios are MUCH more likely than this one.
Thanks for the replay!!! ....the tests i had been using are AimStrip Pregnancy Tests which have dark pink dye ...I may test again later if my nauseated/dizzy symptoms continue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.