Weird periods 11 months pp/still BF...? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-18-2010, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Mamas,

I'd love to know what some other mama's experiences have been with their periods resuming after birth while still breastfeeding. I got my period back when DD was 9 months old (must add, I was semi-outraged as I BF on-demand all the time, wear and sleep w/DD, etc), and then exactly the same time the next month as well. I was very regular before pregnancy so I thought I was just resuming that "schedule". However, this month - no sign of anything, about a week later than was expected. I am pretty darn sure I am not preggers again (have been using protection), so I'm just wondering if this is typical...?

Many thanks!
#2 of 4 Old 07-18-2010, 10:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Moving to Fertility.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#3 of 4 Old 07-18-2010, 11:13 PM

Very typical while BF.... FWIW don't feel bad about only getting a 9mos. break from AF....with all 3 of mine my periods resumed at 6-7 WEEKS pp and I also EBF on demand and co-sleep. Anyways back to your ?..

With dd1 it came back just like clockwork and I never had anything "weird" happen, I was also like clockwork before p/g.

With dd2 it came back but was very sporadic, some cycles were annovulatory and others were "normal" but I finally went back to my normal cycles when dd2 was about 7 or 8 mos. old.

With ds my cycles have been nothing short of crazy. I had mid-cycle spotting and super short cycles, plus a couple annovulatory cycles.... In fact I just went a whole 7-8 mos. of very predictable regular (well within a couple days) cycles and then this cycle I was 3 days late, which sent me running to the store for a test which I knew would be negative (dh had a V almost 2 yrs. ago) because I had to know it was freaking me out to think I could be p/g.

So I have come to learn that while BF I can't freak out over every little glitch in my cycles because it's just going to drive me crazy. As long as you are BF your cycles can be wacky.
#4 of 4 Old 07-19-2010, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you, that makes me feel better! I hear you; this morning I am thinking of a trip to the drugstore just b/c I want to have the 'what if' thought out of my head!

Thanks again.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page