Mothering Forum banner

14 High Temps and BFN

671 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  alyssatuininga 
#1 ·
Ok so I am REALLY confused and unsure what to think. I started my last cycle on June 17th. I tend to be a fairly regular 29-31 day period person with an LMP around 10-11 days. I am charting (though not very regularly) to avoid pregnancy. We always use back up protection though.

Anyway we dtd on day 19th and had some birth control failure (long story). I got some clear ovulation coming signs on day 21. I forgot to take my temp on day 22. But by day 23 it was up so I had clearly ovulated. I checked in on my temp here and there and was always up.

About day 31 I started taking pregnancy tests all BFN. I have been temp charting regularly the last week and all my waking temps have been way up (over 98.5).

It is now day 37 and I have had 14 high temps but still getting BFN. What do you think???

#2 ·
Well, four more days of high temps and TCOYF would say you're most likely pregnant. If that happens, you may want to get a blood test since in rare cases you can be pregnant but still test negative on pee sticks.

Any chance you had a fever or were warmer than normal when taking your temp around day 23?

#3 ·
Turns out I am not pregnant. I got my period today (day 38). Not sure what happened but I am relieved not to be pregnant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.