Mothering Forum banner

Temps steadily Dropping post o + spotting...

706 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  lyterae 
#1 ·
So confused. Ok, to start, my chart is here.

Ok, so you can probably kind of see why I'm confused.

Added in notes: From the open circle on July 24th until present, all temps are with a NON BBT thermometer, but have been taken at the right time. Dog ate the other one.

July 23rd was adjusted for time, taken 3 hours late. My temps seem to almost always line up when adjusted, so I'm fairly confident on this one.

I've had cramping since the 23rd, and it's slowed today, now it's kind of more bloating. I noticed slight spotting on the evening of the 24th, but wasn't enough to count it until the 25th. It's been heaviest today, but still doesn't seem like AF.

I'm just confused-- I have never had, or even seen, a chart where the first "post o" temp was very high, and then every one after decreased. Also, I've usually seen spotting right around ovulation, to do with the drop in estrogen (never had it myself, ever), OR just a few days after, for implantation.

But we only had one BD that was remotely possibly, and it's unlikely that it resulted in anything. So I'm stumped. Could my body possibly have tried to ovulate, and then didn't? Is that what it would look like?

Could be totally unrelated, but I've also been nauseus today (could possibly be sick, we babysat on the weekend, and the baby was sick), and my bottom is um... angry at me. So uncomfortable. I'm assuming that's probably related to the irritation of spotting somehow, but not sure.

Help!

See less See more
#3 ·
And that's the weirdest thing really, I mean technically I can absolutely confirm ovulation and stop temping. But since even those first three were falling right from the start, it just seems so weird.

I noticed creamy looking fluid today mixed in with the spotting, but this whole cycle my CF has been very scarce. I didn't even get any EW, and I pretty much always do lately.

#4 ·
FWIW, my last (confirmed) non-o cycle looked kinda like that - with a little mountain in the middle of a flat line... (I'm too lazy to use FF or anything else online... I use an old envelope and whatever marking device is close to my bed...)... So perhaps either no-o or progesterone deficiency this cycle? Another possibility would be said illness... when I get sick, I might as well just quit all the charting stuff 'till AF comes again...

--Rainy

#6 ·
I didn't temp this morning, it felt futile, but AF started halfway through the day. So that makes for a 7 day "LP". Would I count that, or does this look more like an annovulatory, what with the lack of ew, and the short temp spike? I've never had an annov cycle before, but I'm wondering if that's why it spiked and then started dropping right away, because an egg wasn't actually released? It would make sense why it was the first time I've ever had spotting too.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
I didn't temp this morning, it felt futile, but AF started halfway through the day. So that makes for a 7 day "LP". Would I count that, or does this look more like an annovulatory, what with the lack of ew, and the short temp spike? I've never had an annov cycle before, but I'm wondering if that's why it spiked and then started dropping right away, because an egg wasn't actually released? It would make sense why it was the first time I've ever had spotting too.
How very odd! I'm sorry that this cycle is so strange. I'm inclined to say you did O and for some reason your LP was crazy short just because of the temp spike...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.