Can you help out a newbie to all this? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-28-2010, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
'Cuz I'm kinda freaking

Okay- I think my last period was July 5th.

We DTD a lot this month but on he 20th we had an "oops" (well not really a mistake lol, just heat of the moment sort of thing)

On Friday, the 23rd, I had serious EWCM which continued for three days following.

I have no idea how long my cycles are or what any of these numbers really mean. I'm not sure when to expect my period, I usually just wait until its there and then, well.. there is it. lol

The one time I was pregnant before I didn't find out until i was 7 weeks, my DP was like, havent you gotten your period yet? And I was like no, why was the last time awhile ago? lol

So I totally saved my FMU and am dying to stick a test into it. Is it insanely early? Should I wait until the 5th?

My boobs are sore

Thank you sooo much!

with love, bailey...
macey 5.18.08
#2 of 4 Old 07-28-2010, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

LOL I just put my last period into a pregnancy calculator thing (yes, I'm obsessed)

and it said with LMP my estimated conception date is the 20th! (the date of the oops)

I thought it was too much before O that it probably wouldnt hold, but it seems by average standards its right on with my fertile period.. right?

OMG I know nothing about my body.

So is 8 days after possible conception too early to test??

with love, bailey...
macey 5.18.08
#3 of 4 Old 07-28-2010, 01:58 PM

because you do not know how long your periods are and they seem to be irregular, I would assume that you Oed after the 3 days of EWCM so more like the 26th... which would make the 20th oops possibly too early (sperm can live inside of you for 5-7 days, 7 being a rare extreme, 5 being a lot less likely than even 3)

however, 20th or 26th, it is WAY too early to test right now. you would only be somewhere between 2 and 8 dpo. Wait a week and test then, if its negative, wait 5 more days and test again. That is, if you dont get AF first.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#4 of 4 Old 07-28-2010, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

thank you for the reply.. lol I've been stalking.

so chances are no and if yes, I have awhile to go anyway.

Thanks again- freak out over

with love, bailey...
macey 5.18.08

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page